USPSA match

This is a discussion on USPSA match within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Short highlight video from a match today. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuRh74pBRM...

Thread: USPSA match

Thumbs up USPSA match

Short highlight video from a match today.
    Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuRh74pBRM

2. Remove Ads

Link isn't working for me here. If you did the match, then congratulations on getting into it! I'm sure it was a fun time for you and a good learning experience.
    You might just get hooked.

Link fixed.

Yes I was shooting today,I'll try to upload some head cam stuff in a little bit.

Took a year off waiting for the new little one.

LOL! Got it now! IPSC. Fun isn't it? First time? Shooting a SIG?. Do the walk through, and figured your tactical magazine changes? Use everything to your advantage. Forget the clock. Hits are good. Stick with it and you will grow. I guarantee it! IPSC is one of the most fundamental shoots you can do and come away with better knowledge and tactics and assess yourself. Steel Challenge is the better venue for working yourself against the clock IMO. USPSA is where I like to be.

Nil not first time, but only second time this year.The baby sidelined Me.
    We are still working on getting final approval for USPSA charter all papers are in and We are waiting.
    Ya the walk thru went good but I was along way down the roster and was doing S.O. duty as well, the extra reload did cost a bit of time. LOL
    I came over from a failing IDPA club so run and gun is still alittle new.
    Ya P-226 with some bright fiber on, it's My winter carry gun.I'm shooting it out of IWB comp-tac Minotaur got My eye on a EAA for open gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopard125 View Post
    Nil not first time, but only second time this year.The baby sidelined Me.
    We are still working on getting final approval for USPSA charter all papers are in and We are waiting.
    Ya the walk thru went good but I was along way down the roster and was doing S.O. duty as well, the extra reload did cost a bit of time. LOL
    I came over from a failing IDPA club so run and gun is still alittle new.
    Ya P-226 with some bright fiber on, it's My winter carry gun.I'm shooting it out of IWB comp-tac Minotaur got My eye on a EAA for open gun.
    LOL! "run and gun". Yeah. It's still what you make it. I had the opportunity to get into the IDPA ordeal years ago, just a half mile from work. Thing was, an hour late. Our club does USPSA and hence...after two years of matches when I could, I got both me and the wife involved and got to be a certified range officer. We do the matches when time and work schedule allows. My wife loves the Steel Challenge matches, and that's how I got her involved in the shooting sports.
    I wish you and your club the best of luck getting sanctioned through USPSA and on the map. So long as you have the rules and regs, a good set-up team and follow the rules, I think you'll do well. My wife and I have grown tremendously through our club matches. It's only a race gun ordeal if you want to go that far. Best thing is it's practical experience as opposed to static shooting at the range. Makes you think more on your feet, work with your gear, and make decisions. Something you will never get just going to the range and punching paper.

Links