Defensive Pistol Skills/Glock Armorer Jan 15-16 Chattanooga TN

This is a discussion on Defensive Pistol Skills/Glock Armorer Jan 15-16 Chattanooga TN within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DEFENSIVE PISTOL SKILLS Date January 15-16 2011 Chattanooga Tn Price$350 All training must begin with fundamentals. This comprehensive fundamentals class is designed to prep you ...

Thread: Defensive Pistol Skills/Glock Armorer Jan 15-16 Chattanooga TN

Defensive Pistol Skills/Glock Armorer Jan 15-16 Chattanooga TN

DEFENSIVE PISTOL SKILLS
    Date January 15-16 2011
    Chattanooga Tn
    Price$350

All training must begin with fundamentals. This comprehensive fundamentals class is designed to prep you for the more advanced courses such as Close Range Gunfighting. Through a carefully designed and detailed curriculum we are able to bring you up to a level of skill in a short two day class that previously would take over 4 or 5 days to achieve at other schools.

You will learn a complete presentation of the modern combative technique of the pistol which will put you in good standing for any defensive situations you may encounter in the real world. No experience or prior training is needed to attend this class and it is specially suitable for beginners, or as a tune-up for accomplished shooters.

DURATION:
    2 days
    PREREQUISITES:
    NONE
    AMMUNITION:
    Approximately 300 rounds (Minimum) YOU NEED TO BRING:
    Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellant, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (bandaids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape) EQUIPMENT:
    Modern Defensive Pistol, Holster specifically made for that pistol and designed to be worn on the belt at the "strong side", 3 Magazines and One Magazine Pouch, A Belt of the same width as the belt loops for the holster and magazine pouches, Range Safety Gear (Eye protection and ear protection)

To enroll...http://www.suarezinternationalstore....tanoogatn.aspx

Also offering the Glock Armorer class

Glock Armorer - 4 hour

If you own a Glock you'll thank yourself for taking this course. It's designed for the Glock owner and will give you an overall view of the Glock's history, performance and construction. The maintenance portion will teach you to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with your Glock handgun and then goes on to explain
    how to make repairs.

DURATION:
    4 hours
    PREREQUISITES:
    NONE
    AMMUNITION:N/A

EQUIPMENT:
    Bring your own Glock - everything else will be provided

To enroll.....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....tanoogatn.aspx
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

2. Remove Ads

Our armorer class was a full 8 hours and then some. The defensive pistol course sounds interesting and probably well worth the money as I know any Glock training is. Part that sort of takes me aback is the first aid supplies. Just keep your hand out of the slide's way. If you come up with any other "boo-boos"....just rub some dirt in it. Works just like super glue. Middle of January in Tennessee, I figure blood won't be flowing any faster than it would here. LOL!
    300 rounds? Wife and I can go through that much in six hours and six stages easily. Minimum round count is usually just shy of 200 rounds. I've personally never needed a band-aid.
    Good of you to post. An excellent opportunity for many I'm sure. We'd do it if we could.

I wondered the same thing, how do they complete the Glock Armorer course in just 4 hours? Ours was 8+ hours and it was packed.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Because the 8 hour class that glock does is a slow moving ponderous glock commercial. Our version is more streamlined without the "here is why our gun is best" stuff. We are not trying to sell you glocks ...just teach you how to disassemble, reassemble and trouble shoot them.

We will have already completely disassembled and reassembled the gun within the first 2 hours. They are still talking about how the recoil spring goes back in by the second hour in the official Glock class.....
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    300 rounds? Wife and I can go through that much in six hours and six stages easily. Minimum round count is usually just shy of 200 rounds. I've personally never needed a band-aid.
    Good of you to post. An excellent opportunity for many I'm sure. We'd do it if we could.
    We list 300 minimum. Some folk shoot more. There is however a difference between teaching someone the HOW and WHY of using a gun to defend yourself against REAL WORLD problems vs having them just shoot a lot of rounds. There is a world of difference between preparing someone for an IDPA match and preparing them to fight for their lives. I know first hand , I'm a master class IDPA shooter and I have used a pistol to defend myself.Matches and fights are NOT the same. The bad guys do not usually schedule the time of the assault with the victim like a printed match schedule and they do not allow a "walk through " before hand. The real world is a blind stage on a 360 degree hot range.....

A big portion of that is teaching them to recognize the cues of impending criminal assault and dealing with that BEFORE it becomes a lethal force situation. Another big portion is teaching them to draw the gun in the most efficiant manner. Neither of those require any shooting. So those are 2 areas where the student gets far more value for their time than just launching a bunch of ammo down range. That is why the round count is a minimum of only 300 rounds. We cover a lot more than just how to shoot.
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

This one is getting closer. If you've been considering getting some quality training that involves more than just learning how to operate a gun and want to learn how to recognize the cues of impending criminal assault , how to avoid it, and if it can't be avoided how to effectively fight with your gun then this is what you have been looking for. Come on out !
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

This one is right around the corner!
    Randy Harris
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

Links