Defensive Carry banner

WA State training facilities

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  livewire 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some tactical training in WA State, probably for spring or summer. Nothing too advanced really, just move/shoot, shooting from cover, low light kind of stuff you can't get at your normal range.

The only place I've found in my cursory searching so far is Insights Training, looks like they have a few different locations depending on what you're getting.

Does anyone know anything about them, know of something better, or have other input on a place in WA or Northern ID or OR?

#2 ·
Look into Firearms Academy of Seattle (OnAlaska - near Centrailia) and Oregon Firearms Academy (Lebanon- about 1.5 hours south of Portland)

I have not been to either due to my own budget issues, but have heard good things about both. I plan on going to FAS as soon as my next bonus comes through though.

#3 ·
I'll check them out, thanks. Anyone heard anything about Insights, good/bad?

#5 ·
So two votes for FAS then. . . interesting, I'd never heard of them besides one hit in a google search until the other day. Now I have two recommendations, and a recommendation from a book in the last two days. I think I'll be looking into them :)

#7 ·
I have trained with and know well the instructors from Insights and FAS. Both are top notch organizations and I would recommend both to anyone looking for training in the WA area.

Former WA resident.

#8 ·
Ive been wanting to go to FAS also, i believe you have to take their basic courses before you can get into the more advanced stuff. Im planning on going to their next basic course ($50) in the beginning of february. Arlington's NorPoint Range also offers some FAS classes so that is where ill be going, since im up north.

#9 ·
Well, I hope that people at FAS read this forum, 'cause they'll be beaming with pride right now. I'll definitely be looking them up this spring, when I get my money back from my government donation, erm taxes :)

I just wish their web presence was better. Based on my searches, Insights looks far more credible. They barely show up on the first page of a google search, and their site doesn't look like it's been updated since the 90s. If it weren't for the forum here, I would have ended up at Insights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.