Suarez International AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting in Nelsonville Ohio

This is a discussion on Suarez International AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting in Nelsonville Ohio within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Suarez International Staff Instructor John Chambers is bringing AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting to Southern Ohio. Suarez International long known for bringing pistol and Kalashnikov style rifle ...

Thread: Suarez International AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting in Nelsonville Ohio

Suarez International AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting in Nelsonville Ohio

Suarez International Staff Instructor John Chambers is bringing AR15/M4 Rifle Gunfighting to Southern Ohio. Suarez International long known for bringing pistol and Kalashnikov style rifle gunfighting to the masses now does the same with the AR platform.

This is not a plug in AR where it says AK class. This class was built with only the AR platform in mind. Come join us to effectively learn how to fight with this venerable American Classic.

http://www.suarezinternationalstore....onvilleoh.aspx
    Craig S. Flaherty
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Forgot the dates in the first post May 14-15, 2011

Come on out and learn to run your AR in an efficient and dynamic way. The AR is different from the AK, but it is a much more durable and reliable weapon system than many will admit to themselves and others!

Have an old Colt SP1? BRING IT OUT OF RETIREMENT! Have the latest creation from Daniel Defense? Bring it out too!
    Craig S. Flaherty

I am not sure if I will be back in Ohio by then, but I am posting this so I can quickly reference the dates for if I am on Ohio then...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Maybe the beer will be on you Buckeye. I need to check with momma for a kitchen pass.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Would look forward to meeting both of if you could make it. Should be a good time.
    Craig S. Flaherty

VIP Member
    OK I've received spousal approval pending further female changes of mind. :)

Hey Craig what am I realistically going to need to participate in this class. I've never done anything like this before. I just got into the AR game about 6 months ago and could really benefit from something like this. Give me some details please. like # of rounds I'll need, type of gear to bring, shoes to wear (boots, cleats etc). What type of optics on my AR?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

3D
    Link above in post #1 says 500 rounds minimum plus 50 rounds pistol ammo. Eye, Ear protection, etc. more info.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Here is the description of the class.

In this class we explore the capabilities/strengths and weaknesses of the AR15/M16/M4 Weapons systems.
    In Suarez International fashion, sacred cows end up as dinner while we methodically address history, operation and the tricks and tips of professional operators who have used and continue to use this venerable, most American of Assault Rifles. Expect to be surprised to find out just how reliable the AR can be if proper care and operational protocols are followed.
    This is not your usual re-hashed presentation of the pistol with a rifle that you get in other schools, nor is it SWAT material only suitable for use in a team format. This material is focused for the lone operator regardless of his official status.
    Appx 500 rounds (Minimum) and 50 rounds of pistol ammunition YOU NEED TO BRING:
    Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)
    REQUIREMENTS:
    AR-15/M-4 type rifle, (3) magazines and any ancillary rifle gear. Pistol, Holster, Pistol Magazines. Eye and Ear Protection.

NOTE: Chest Rig/Tactical Vests are not allowed with CCW Holsters. If you wish to use a Chest Rig or a Tactical Vest, use a vest mounted holster or a thigh holster.
    Craig S. Flaherty

VIP Member
    Sadly I'm scheduled to work that weekend. I don't think I can go. :(
    Mark Twain:

Too bad, maybe another time. We should have a good time and great training time and comradery.
    Craig S. Flaherty

Links