Cost of .45 ACP (Thoughts on Glock 30 .22LR conversion kit?)

This is a discussion on Cost of .45 ACP (Thoughts on Glock 30 .22LR conversion kit?) within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off...hey guys...new to the forum. Been carrying consistently for a few months now. I know how important training/repetition are when becoming more and more ...

First off...hey guys...new to the forum. Been carrying consistently for a few months now.

I know how important training/repetition are when becoming more and more proficient with your chosen self defense tool. Lately, I have been taking notice at the impact that buying .45ACP ammo is having on my wallet. I plan to take a "Level II" class here in TN soon, and one of the requirements is 400rds of ammunition. For practice, I usually shoot reloads, which cost around $25 a box (from a reputable local reloader). $25 X 8 Boxes (400rds) = $200....plus the cost of the class.

I stumbled upon a .22LR conversion for my Glock 30, and since a brick (500rds) of .22LR is $30, figured it may be in my best economic interest to buy the conversion so that I can practice much more often for way less money.

Here's the site for the conversion kit. I would love to hear your feedback on this. Thanks.

http://www.topglock.com/category/163...onversion.aspx
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    "The five most important words in the English language are 'Never, never, never, give up'".

- Winston Churchill

I do not know about the kit; our local tranning center has allowed me to take a 1000 round class with my ruger MK I 22lr; ( i emailed them and asked) this is not ideal (I carry a Glock 22 40 cal) but it would make the class affordable... My dad carrys a 1911 and there are lower cost 22lr in that style (chippawa) I think, also he has a 357 mag DA revolver that frame was easy to get in 22lr.... so the idea is 100% good I think, in fact should I would rather pratice with the frame of the gun I intend to use, as my ruger MK I is hardly my defense weapon...

By the way.... now that you got me thinking where do you get 22lr conversion kits for GLOCKS???

The website i provided in my first post has a bunch of them. They're about $260 or so. You can even buy additional modified mags, as the kit only comes with one.

Webiste: http://www.topglock.com/category/163...onversion.aspx
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    "The five most important words in the English language are 'Never, never, never, give up'".

- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ummechengr View Post
    The website i provided in my first post has a bunch of them. They're about $260 or so. You can even buy additional modified mags, as the kit only comes with one.

Webiste: http://www.topglock.com/category/163...onversion.aspx
    I think I may try it out; if I get one before you do I will let you know //// good / bad / problems etc....

you could try Walmart for ammo. I think i payed $17 a box last time.

Links