Gabe Suarez ? - Page 6

Gabe Suarez ?

This is a discussion on Gabe Suarez ? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; But, if your posts start sliding way down hill in quality and you can't remember where exactly on the forum you posted them...we'll help you ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Gabe Suarez ?

Administrator

Talking Al ~ You're not senile yet.

But, if your posts start sliding way down hill in quality and you can't remember where exactly on the forum you posted them...we'll help you out.

Al you hit the nail on the head i've seen a few of the advanced course that are held locally and what i have seen of how the people are scare the hell out of me and i want no part of it ..

last one i watched for about 10 mins after i was done shoot someone dropped a hot gun and tried to grab it

And i mean hot as in one in the pope and full mag ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Al you hit the nail on the head i've seen a few of the advanced course that are held locally and what i have seen of how the people are scare the hell out of me and i want no part of it ..

last one i watched for about 10 mins after i was done shoot someone dropped a hot gun and tried to grab it

And i mean hot as in one in the pope and full mag ..
    I don't think my last class was quite that bad, then again, the only one who dropped a gun, was the instructor. On purpose. He wanted to show us that a firearm is a tool, it gets dirty. If you have a fancy gun that you don't want to drop in the dirt, don't carry it.

He told us about one guy who brought his guns to a class, all wrapped in plastic, and how he'd wipe them down after each time he used one. I guess he nearly had a heart attack when the instructor dropped one of his guns in the sand.

At least none of us got sweeped by a loaded pistol. I'd have thrown a fit at that one. And I'm not one who normally complains much. But I don't like having a weapon pointed at me, loaded or not.

I have had the benefit of several courses of this type -- classes composed of mixed experience levels (civilian CCW holders, a few law enforcement types, some people in or formerly in the military). The training is important and about a thousand times more valuable than hundreds of hours spent shooting static targets on a two-dimensional shooting range. Yes, when you are surrounded by mere mortals who are themselves learning advanced shooting skills along with you, there are increased risks. These risks are mitigated by the instructors, whose job it is to keep an eye on everyone and enforce safety precautions.

No, the instructors cannot be there every moment watching every individual (unless there is one instructor for every student). This is why students must themselves be vigilante and act as safety officers, keeping their eyes on their fellows.

It amazes me that so many people are so quick to dismiss as too expensive or as otherwise undesirable the very type of training that is necessary to engage successfully in a self-defense shooting.

Ive taken training from Gabe...and most assuredly will again...

say what you will...this man knows a thing or three..and refines what he teaches...not many schools will do this....Force on Force training IS a huge plus....it gives you options and shows what DOES NOT work....like standing your ground ala Old West gunfights..

as for the past...its the past...Ive done ALOT of bad things in my younger days....but Im a changed individual, and do not do those types of things anymore.

Gabe is a great guy, and I learned a ton of stuff from him...he helped me to hone my shooting before we even got into the meat of the training...while I shot well...he improved it.

.......Id highly recommend him.....you will become more lethal when the situation arrives than you need to be to defend you and yours.
    Brad B.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore
    It amazes me that so many people are so quick to dismiss as too expensive or as otherwise undesirable the very type of training that is necessary to engage successfully in a self-defense shooting.
    X2..

How much money is wrapped up in buying another gun that you HAVE to have...yes the purchase seems more valuable...but what is your life worth..?

Having the training and practicing it over and over is what will if at all possible get you thru a lethal force encounter. Your brain will search for a proper response to the situation, and if one similiar is not found...guess what...it doesnt know what to do...get some instruction, and train over and over...as thats what your brain will fall back on...practice force on force drills in different circumstances/areas/with diff people...get as large of a base as you can to have in the "file" you are accessing in an attack.

Sign up to warriortalk and read....there is ALOT of good stuff in there...like mentality of an attacker, pre strike clues, tactics and opinion....

Some that think they dont need training...think again..you NEVER stop learning in life...you shouldnt with self defense either...you can ALWAYS learn something new..
    Brad B.

OD*
    "Be water my friend."
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links