Are you a 'Sheepdog'? Wolfhound'? A 'Good Wolf?' Something else? Nothing at all? .... - Page 3

Are you a 'Sheepdog'? Wolfhound'? A 'Good Wolf?' Something else? Nothing at all? ....

This is a discussion on Are you a 'Sheepdog'? Wolfhound'? A 'Good Wolf?' Something else? Nothing at all? .... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Blinkey? You ate Blinkey? Damn it!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Are you a 'Sheepdog'? Wolfhound'? A 'Good Wolf?' Something else? Nothing at all? ....

Blinkey? You ate Blinkey? Damn it!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    I have no recollection at the current time of ever seeing or consuming a gerbil, nor would I disclose such information were it in my posession, which at this time it is not.

(And yes, it was delicious.)
    LOL, good show, good show..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Im a Wolfhound. 1st of the 27th INF.

As far as labels. I am a dude. It would be very arrogant of me to think I was more.........
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Bark'n nailed this one. There are too many self proclaimed gurus out there today telling us what to think, who we are, and who we should be, and these are many of those same people who have self proclaimed themselves and eleveted themselves to a position to "educate us".

I kind of feel sorry for people who do not have a firearms background, and are just getting into the scene. They do not have enough knowledge or practical experience to seperate the reality of there needs with the crap that someone is feeding them. Buzz terminology like "sheep" are quickly digested by new comers, and whoever has the best sales pitch can suck them right in to their own fabricated philosophies and ideas, take their money, and fill their heads with total nonsense. And then after a while you have a person running around with a gun thinking he is the defender of freedom, justice , and the American way. Very dangerous for them, evryone around them, and does not advance the cause nor represent the gun community well.
    Forgive me for being lazy but I couldn't have said it better myself.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

sgb
    Never cared for that sheepdog stuff. I protect me and mine. If the so called "sheeple" want protection they need to get armed and trained.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Before I even read any of the replies I was already thinking, I'm a Husband and Father. Simple as that. I will fight to protect the lives of my kids, my wife and myself. I would also fight to protect the life of a child I didn't even know. But other than that, I'd probably have to know you really, really well to go into fight mode of anyone else.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    I wrote that, gentlemen, in hopes that some would realize that they were letting themselves be restricted by labels they had assumed, subconsciously or not, or that they had allowed to be placed upon them, and in hopes that they would then break out and go forward and get better by dropping those labels. Labels are part of the jargon of the CCW world, like IWB and +P and similar contractions and abbreviations. As such, they are useful sometimes and confusing sometimes. Used in the wrong way, they not only limit us, they also group us unnecessarily, and if ego is added, they can become an elitist dismissal of those lesser mortals we delude ourselves into thinking we're superior to. Better, methinks, to either get good and sensible use from them or to discard them entirely.
    "Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

www.inshadowinlight.com

http://inshadowinlight.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links