Have you had professional......

This is a discussion on Have you had professional...... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering...Have you had professional training in either a one, two, or more day session: Using the potential answers below, please elaborate. If more than ...

View Poll Results: Have you had professional training?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in the past 12 months (explain type(s) of training)

64 40.51%
  • Yes, in the past 24 months (explain type(s) of training)

25 15.82%
  • Yes, but some time back (explain type(s) of training)

18 11.39%
  • Yes, Military Training

56 35.44%
  • Yes, LEO Training

34 21.52%
  • Yes, Other Training

40 25.32%
  • No, Never

10 6.33%
  • No, but am planning on taking a professional course (What type(s) of training)

10 6.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Have you had professional......

Have you had professional......

Just wondering...Have you had professional training in either a one, two, or more day session: Using the potential answers below, please elaborate. If more than one answer below applies to you, feel free to explain.

Yes, in the past 12 months (explain type(s) of training)

Yes, in the past 24 months (explain type(s) of training)

Yes, but some time back (explain type(s) of training)

Yes, Military Training

Yes, LEO Training

Yes, Other Training

No, Never

No, but am planning on taking a professional course (What type(s) of training)
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Yes, military training (I'm in the infantry, rifles are how we make out living), also combat medical training.

I took a civilian 2 day pistol training course before I got my CHL (about 5 years back)

I intend on hitting up TDI in Ohio for pistol and shotgun work after I EAS this year.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Yes Military, worked in armament , I’ve been out for ten years now.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Just wondering...Have you had professional training in either a one, two, or more day session: Using the potential answers below, please elaborate. If more than one answer below applies to you, feel free to explain.

Yes, in the past 12 months (explain type(s) of training) Force of force with AR-15s using MILES gear Aug 2010/Massad Ayoob 20 hour live fire class Sept 2010/Michael de Bethencourt Snub 8 hour revolver class March 2011 /SIG Academy First Aid for Range Offices Feb 2011

Yes, in the past 24 months (explain type(s) of training) See above plus Tactical Response Fighting Rifle Feb 2010/Specter Tactical 8 Hour Edged Weapon class.

Yes, but some time back (explain type(s) of training) Tactical Response Fighting Pistol June 2009/Specter Tactical CQB Force on Force

Yes, Other Training Aki-Jitsu & Kali. (Also some TKD way back when...but we don't talk about that anymore...)

am planning on taking a professional course (What type(s) of training) - I have my eye on an ASAA class offered later this year and am trying to free up the $$ to train with SouthNarc. I Also want to hit Tactical Response's Immediate Action Medical class and a Shotgun class from Specter Tactical or Tactical Response.

My responses in Bold

JD
    Administrator
    Added a poll...

I've had Military training, private, semi-pro training, professional training, ranging from 20 years ago to within the last year and more to come.

Started shooting young (80s-90s) under Dad who was law enforcement, then onto Military training in various small arms ('99-'03), then sem-pro training through some NRA stuff and basic range time with some private instruction ('03-'07), then onto professional training with InSights Training, Langdon Tactical Tech ('07-2010), and this spring on to TDI, next year Sig Academy is on my list.

Also have a half doezen IDPA matches in there somewhere.

I'm a novice.

I attended a 2 day course at Front Sight, Nevada; last year. And a 4 day course the year before.

Planning on another 2 day this year.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post

Yes, in the past 12 months (explain type(s) of training) Two day/20 hour Defensive Pistol w/local trainer (Paladin Training)...

Yes, in the past 24 months (explain type(s) of training) Two Day/20 hour Fighting Pistol w/Tactical Response...

Yes, but some time back (explain type(s) of training)

Yes, Military Training Military Rifle/Pistol training...

Yes, LEO Training

Yes, Other Training Tae Kwon Do...years ago...Too old and too brittle now to use except in extreme emergency...

No, Never

No, but am planning on taking a professional course (What type(s) of training)
    Committed to a two day/20 hour Combative Pistol course, to be taught by Tom Givens/Rangemaster, on April 16/17 (ten more days and I'm stoked!!!)...
    Within the next 12 months I want to take Immediate Action Medical/Tactical Response and attend Tactical Response Alumni weekend for the free training offered in many areas...

Figured I had best answer my own thread. See BOLD above.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    My wife and I took a four day defensive handgun course at Front Sight

military, and one of the best courses that a marine could go to is the High Risk Personnel course which use to be ran in Quantico VA. they stop running it (damn shame) because a bunch of mamby pamby officers straight from OTC were getting into it some how. but the name is sorta mis representing of the course......it was actually a CC course and taught me a lot. one of the things you had to do IOT graduate was put a single round on target (pie plate) @ 10yds from your holster (concealed) in under 1.7 sec. i got some good vids from that course ........i'll try to upload them later.
    gatech33 likes this.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nick060200 View Post
    military, and one of the best courses that a marine could go to is the High Risk Personnel course which use to be ran in Quantico VA. they stop running it (damn shame) because a bunch of mamby pamby officers straight from OTC were getting into it some how. but the name is sorta mis representing of the course......it was actually a CC course and taught me a lot. one of the things you had to do IOT graduate was put a single round on target (pie plate) @ 10yds from your holster (concealed) in under 1.7 sec. i got some good vids from that course ........i'll try to upload them later.

For this interested, Ernest Langdon built that curriculum and I'm happy to say he's instructing again. I took his Tactical Pistol class last fall and it was pretty darn good.

I have had traing from NRA certified instructors in inside and outside the home handgun defense. Also had inside the home shotgun defensive class.
    I'm hoping for I.C.E.(Rob Pincus), to schedule a two day class in my area later this year.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

1970's
    NRA Jr. Hunter Safety
    NRA Handgun
    1980's
    TKD
    USMC Rifle, pistol, and any martial arts I could find at each duty station or long deployment I went on.
    CA Police Academy
    1990's
    Continued martial arts, added knife and stick fighting
    Started competitive shooting
    USBP Academy
    Front Sight student
    2000's
    Front Sight Instructor
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

Yes, 4 times in the last year. Two SI Classes, one TR class and one independant class. Shot more than 2400 rounds total and had only one FTF out of those 2400 rounds of factory ammo in my G-19. My last class had dummy rounds in the mags to make sure you did failure drills. I have also shot IPSC for the last 20years. No military.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Not going to Front Sight NV as I already shoot better than they can train me.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

I didn't check to see if you could vote in more than one category, but yes both Military training and Professional Instruction in several courses and disciplines including pistol, shotgun and carbine. Most recent pro training was about 18 months ago for a urban carbine class at APT academy in Galena, MO.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links