Instructor needed- Alexandria, VA

This is a discussion on Instructor needed- Alexandria, VA within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Niece recently moved to Alexandria and would like to get a CCL. She's a novice looking for a top level instructor. Someone capable of ...

Thread: Instructor needed- Alexandria, VA

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar

My Niece recently moved to Alexandria and would like to get a CCL. She's a novice looking for a top level instructor. Someone capable of teaching the basics as well as more advanced training as required.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

I gave her the link to this site and The Cornered Cat. Suggested she ck some of Limatunes posts.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Jack Rumbaugh is in Winchester. PM a contact and I'll get him in touch with you if you wish.
    "Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

www.inshadowinlight.com

http://inshadowinlight.wordpress.com

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    My Niece recently moved to Alexandria and would like to get a CCL. She's a novice looking for a top level instructor. Someone capable of teaching the basics as well as more advanced training as required.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

I gave her the link to this site and The Cornered Cat. Suggested she ck some of Limatunes posts.
    She's not too far from Fairfax where the NRA range is, she should be able to get some classes there from beginner to more advanced, if she's willing to head down to Culpepper there's some options down that way.

Once she gets her CPL have her check out Suarea International for advanced training.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CR Williams View Post
    Jack Rumbaugh is in Winchester. PM a contact and I'll get him in touch with you if you wish.
    Actually Jack is much closer to Alexandria than Winchester. He just teaches Suarez International classes out there. But he lives much closer to Alexandria.

Your niece is lucky, there is a lot of great training in No. Va. One place to start is right down in Newington at Gilberts Small Arms.

They have a indoor range and offer instruction there is well.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly is also pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Your niece is lucky, there is a lot of great training in No. Va. One place to start is right down in Newington at Gilberts Small Arms.

They have a indoor range and offer instruction there is well.
    Gilberts is now Sharp Shooters...still a good place to go...

Its my regular range...their web page has class schedules...

Sharp Shooters Small Arms Range : Premier Northern Virginia, DC/Metro source for all your shooting needs
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Two Recommendations from Recent Trainee

I have taken two classes from Chip Lohman at Safe Pistol (Safe Pistol), and highly recommend him. He is clear, deliberate, and very accessible in his training method. He is NRA certified, and teaches the practical portion of his courses at the NRA Range, which is by far the best and safest indoor range in the VA/MD/DC area. Personally, I have taken Chip's Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home courses, both of which I found complete, informative and extremely useful. Finally, Chip's pricing structure is second to none: the course fee includes all course materials, pistol rental and ammunition, if needed (.22), range time and NRA range card fee (here is a link: Safe Pistol).

For more advanced, concealed carry/defensive handgun training, I recommend John Murphy of FPF Training (FPFTraining.com : FPF Training : Virginia firearms training classes : Homepage) very strongly. While more advanced and intense training than Chip's courses, I found the training I received from John to be not only mind-altering (in the best sense of the word), but also a necessary pre-condition to ccw. In sum, John's Concealed Carry for Self-Defense course (a two day affair in Culpeper, VA) is designed to instill in students the mindset necessary to face and prevail in a confrontation with an attacker, and to teach skills that, with additional practice, will give you the confidence to know that you will in fact be able to prevail if so confronted.

Hope this helps.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    S&W M&P9
    Kahr MK9

I'd be more than happy to help the young lady out.

Shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

Jack
    Jack Rumbaugh, Suarez International Tier One Staff Instructor, Virginia

"Most people find change in their dryer, I find bullets"- My wife
    Warning shots are for wusses. Fire is for effect.

Sponsored Links