Post-IT Practice w/pics!

This is a discussion on Post-IT Practice w/pics! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I typically use a staple gun to secure everything on the target backing, post its or not. And I do typically shoot up alot of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-IT Practice w/pics!

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    I typically use a staple gun to secure everything on the target backing, post its or not.

And I do typically shoot up alot of them. Sometimes when we have access to autos, we will cover a silhouette's entire vital areas with post its and tear through them. Putting a red one for the heart, green for intestines, etc...makes for some good shot placement drills.

And the drop holster...I like it because all my pistols fit into it, so I dont have to change holsters when changing guns. And it is extremely easy to draw from. That, and when running tactical drills at the training academy, it is a good all-around holster. Of course, still do plenty of shooting from my CCW rig, but for training and teaching, I like to have my pistol more accessable.
    Fear No Evil.

2. Remove Ads

Oops! I meant try putting them on the back of your cardboard or IPSC's or whatever, where you can't see them to sight on.

Place them where you want to be hitting, then shoot up the blank side fast and furious. Or faster and furiouser.

I try to do 3 and 5 yd. sessions this way, starting the fire at low-ready from draw, working my way up to sights for the last couple to COM and some to the eyes/nose triangle.

As for the holster, hope you caught the humor of a "duster" for casual cover garmet, with all the shoot-me-first discussions about my photographers vest.

I really still shoot 35mm film and have 6 to 12 rolls in all those pockets, a lens brush, etc. Sometimes I leave the Canon A2 on my shoulder for training. In a real SHTF, I suspect the camera would be on its own.

B.
    Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.-- Yoda
    G4W is now, be "Vigilant Always" - Bruce, (vet)USASA, NRA, IDPA, USPSA, IHMSA, & USCCA!

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    As for the holster, hope you caught the humor of a "duster" for casual cover garmet, with all the shoot-me-first discussions about my photographers vest.

Oh yes i got it.

If I stepped outside with anything more than a pair of shorts and a t-shirt right now, eyebrows would be raised for sure, and I would sweat to death...106 degrees+duster=instant death for me.

I would probably beg to be shot first in that kinda torture.
    Fear No Evil.

VIP Member
    I've used Post-It's as targets for some time, but not the "call your target" drills....excellent suggestion sir! Thanks!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Excellent Call your target drills with the post-its. Thanks for the post! I'm going to have to start trying this.

Excellent idea! Gives a reason to use those "special offer" coupons I keep getting from Office Max.

"May I help you?"
    "Yes, I'd like 2 cases of mixed fluorescent Post-Its and a case of Winchester White Box 230gr FMJ."
    "We've got a special on. You get free white-out if you get two cases of the Winchester White Box."
    "Cool! Gimme two!"
    Now, that's my kinda office supplies!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Now to figure out how to get those pesky little post-its on the BG before you engage him!

I've used the post it's but never done the color drill. Awesome Idea, thanks.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

I use to work at 3M so I still have hundreds of post notes! Now I know what to do with them.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I like that if you are willing to write around the holes, you can re-use the post-its.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links