Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems in Knoxville, Tenn

This is a discussion on Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems in Knoxville, Tenn within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Intergrated Threat Focused Training is returning to Knoxville, Tenn October 14-15 for two days once again. Students will need a minimum of 1500 rds of ...

Thread: Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems in Knoxville, Tenn

Sponsor

Intergrated Threat Focused Training is returning to Knoxville, Tenn October 14-15 for two days once again.

Students will need a minimum of 1500 rds of ammo, eye and ear protection.

The course will cover Quick Kill, Quick Fire, WW2 FAS techniques, moving while firing and much more.

Reveiws of the last course are here:

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums...hread.php?t=380

and this review:

Well we just finished our first course. hso and I was able to gather 10-12 shooters and a couple range officers. Many thanks to those who helped in setting this up. Many thanks to hso, we just wouldn't have been able to do this without the man. Not only is he a resource he is a true believer in learning new techniques. Just West of the Airport We started off Saturday morning. Twelve shooters in all we split up into two groups, one would shoot while the other recharged mags. Six ft ready on the left, ready on the right, commence firing. Bang, bang, two shots center mass. Everyone on the line was impressed. We continued to move back and alternate.

We had a mix of talent, some local shooters, LE, and five or six from out of state. All good shooters, but no one had seen anything like this. Brownie, when he could keep his magazine in his pistol was very impresive with his demonstrations. The LE officers present were probably the most impressed that first morning. They could not believe their abilities. I had my Brother in Law with me and I remember telling him as I watched the second group "Look how slow those guys are." "They don't stand a chance in a gunfight"! At the end of the day they would prove me wrong. One guy had his sights taped so he could not use them. He did not remember having the tape on until packing up that night. They were all shooting very good with good holster speed. We shot half hip, center lock, full extension, stand and deliver, move and deliver, on your knees, upside down on your back, hell I forget what all we did. It was a blast, but ahhhh the half hip, what can I say. Just last week I aurgued that you would be better off fully extending well I was wrong. I'm a good 30 to 40 percent faster shooting from the hip. I now I can do it very accuratley. I actually have preformed this before during my work but just didn't know how I did it. Now I do. To Brownie and the rest of his instructors you are on to something special here. My hats off to you guys. Now I just need to practice the hip shooting some. "Hey homie, Is that my briefcase?!"

Students will have a well grounded understanding and proficiency in threat focused self defense pistol shooting using several well known systems.

Cost is $400.00

Anyone interested in attending these dates, email me at arizonaqkr@yahoo.com or pm me here.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Sponsor
    This course in Knoxville has reached capacity. No slots are available for mid October but we'll be back in the spring of 07 for more of the same.

I'm also planning a rifle course in Quick Kill and instinctive shooting in the spring of 07 in Knoxville, if you are interested just pm me here or connect with me at arizonaqkr@yahoo.com

You'll be able to use levers, ak's, ar's and battle rifles. Bring what you have, the techniques transition well to any of your long guns/assault rifles.

Brownie

Administrator

It might be good for forum members to keep in touch w/ AzQkr via E-mail or Forum Private Mail and stay updated...as obviously his courses always fill up to capacity in a super big hurry.
    Get your name in early.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sponsor
    This course has come and gone last weekend.

Lots of bangin for two days on a 600 acre farm where we learned we can shoot in a 360 degree venue.

The rifle Quick Kill course was comfirmed in Knoxville for the spring [ dates to be announced later ] on this land. There will be a shoot house with live ammo set up for this event which will be quite interesting and people will be able to shoot 360 degrees on this property.

Rifles that can be used will be anything from Ruger 10/22's through AR's, levers, battle rifles etc.

I'll also be holding the "Fighting at night" course one evening which is described here http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/...read.php?t=525 that weekend.

Brownie

Definetly interested in the low light "fighting at night" class. I took one in early Sept and found it was a worthy cause and that I actually shoot better at night than during the day! Go figure?????

Basically, I enjoyed the heck out of that class and want to attend more of them. Keep me/us posted as to when you have a firm date set on this class.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Sponsor
    Will do Ti Carry,

Not only will we be shooting at night, but in a fun/shoot house type environ.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It might be good for forum members to keep in touch w/ AzQkr via E-mail or Forum Private Mail and stay updated...as obviously his courses always fill up to capacity in a super big hurry.
    Get your name in early.
    Or - if you're in Texas - just get your name in!

Sponsor
    Pickpocket;

If Texas were to go the way of courses such as Tenn; Pennsylvania; and Tucson, they would only need to attend once to want more of what we offer.

There were several people already in the planning stages of visiting here in Az this winter at my location for one on one training who were at this Knoxville event.

Pa. students are going to be here the last week of Nov as well.

Brownie

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    Intergrated Threat Focused Training is returning to Knoxville, Tenn October 14-15 for two days once again.

... One guy had his sights taped so he could not use them. He did not remember having the tape on until packing up that night.
    Damn- I missed this class due to already being booked for TDI lvs IV-V that weekend, and since the light pipe fell out of my front TFO sight the day before I left...I think I'd have done better staying closer to home that weekend. ;-)

A night shoot (the first night) with glowing rears and nothing in front was a real eye-opener...

Sponsor
    mtnvalley3;

We'll be back in Knoxville sometime in early May 07 for back to back weekends.

Pistols like the last weekend first, then rifle quick kill, shoot house and "fighting at night" the second weekend.

I'll be staying all week in the area as a few have shown interest in one on one during the week between them as well.

I'll announce the dates as they are determined and confirmed by the sponsors. The pistol class already has 8 students signed on without repeat students, this one is looking to fill quickly as well.

Brownie

ever have classes in the Prescott area? I'm about 40 miles from their. Also what is the cost of your classes?
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    John F. Kennedy

Sponsor
    lostone1413;

I'm southeast of Prescott by roughly two hours.

We've had one good size class in Tucson last October, and the remainder has been one or two individuals training with myself here in Az since.

I've recently secured a 22 acre parcel in the desert that will allow pistol ranges, up to 200 yd rifle ranges and one 3/4 mile range for the 50 cals to play when they want to.

You are close enough to my location to train pretty much anytime with myself. Cost is dependant on the amount of time you want to spend here.

PM me for details if you would be interested in this.

Brownie

Sponsor
    This review was posted by a woman who shot that weekend. The first woman to review the techniques, thought others might like to hear a womans perspective of the weekend of training.

It was a cold sunny morning in the Ruby Tuesday parking lot in Knoxville. I looked around. It was a mixed crowd. Male, female, experienced, first timers, young and old. Craig and I were the "old". We are grandparents. We were all gathering there to go to Dan's father's land to learn to shoot. I didn't expect to be one of those taking the class, I was supposed to be an observer. The night before when we had gathered at Mike and Gwen's home for burgers and a "meet and greet", my husband Craig, along with some other nice gentlemen talked me into taking the class. I met Jamie and Andy, a young couple that had never shot a gun before. I have shot a gun before, but not with the confidence and accuracy that both Jamie and I would learn the next day......

With a cup of coffee in hand from the Krystal next door, we all drove to the 1500 acre class site. Brownie once more gave a safety talk and told us a little of what the day would hold. That first class, I learned to draw, point and shoot with accuracy. So did Jamie and her husband Andy. You expect a man to pick up a gun and shoot well, but not a young lady. Jamie was drawing her gun and keeping a tight circle of bullet holes in her target that first day. She was enjoying it too! It was amazing that Brownie could take someone that had never shot a gun before and someone like me who had, and teach both of us how to aim without sites and hit a target with such accuracy. I had never drawn a gun from a holster, aimed without using the sites or kept a tight pattern on the target, but on that first day of class I did. So did Jamie! As we picked up a little speed the pattern spread out and Jamie was concerned that she wasn't doing very well. Brownie stood behind the target and showed her that all of her bullets had been chest shots and all of them were deadly. Can you imagine someone who has never shot a gun could pick it up and be able to do as well as that. That is what Brownie does. He teaches safety first, then confidence and accuracy........and this was the first day!

After a lunch break I found that my gun, a Tarus 38 revolver, had just given up the ghost. It hadn't been shot much before, I just kept it in my car as protection. With all of the rounds we had been shooting it went bad. J. Music broke it down and found the problem. It had to go back to the manufacturer. I thought my class time was over, but up walked Brian with a Glock 26 and handed it to me to use. How nice! That is what these classes are like. Gun owners are nice guys. Brownie pulled me to the side and had me practice for a while with the "new" gun. I used it the rest of the day and kept on learning!!

Brownie had us shooting a target the size of an eye socket. We all hit it. He had us shooting two targets by firing twice at the first and rotating our upper torso to hit the "eye socket" size ring on the second target. I don't think any of us thought we would be able to learn so much in only two days. Most of the people in the class had been through classes before or had some experience with a gun. Even the experienced ones learned something new.

The second day J. Music handed me a S & W air weight to use. My Taurus had a compensator and J. Music's didn't. Each time I shot it felt like someone hit my thumb with a hammer. It just got worse and worse so I bowed out for the day. I had given it a try though.

I watched the class of men and women go through their paces. Step up to the line, lock and load, fire at the target til empty and then holster an empty gun. That line would step back and another would step up and do the same. Safety was the rule of the day. I felt like everyone in the class did extremely well. Some had previous classes and others just some shooting experience, but all walked away with a better knowledge of their gun and how to handle it. Everyone, and I do mean everyone walked away with the ability of drawing, pointing and firing a gun with split second accuracy.

Next May Craig and I will be back in Knoxville for another class. We may even bring my 84 year old Mom. Craig taught her Brownie's air rifle technique and she can hit kernels of corn. Not too shabby for a great grandmother. She doesn't want her grandchildren and great grandchildren to out shoot her. Now we can't keep the gun out of her hand.

-Linda

Brownie
    Attached Images
    Last edited by AzQkr; November 3rd, 2006 at 06:08 PM.

It's great that you've been able to get a female perspective on the training, Rob. I'm hoping all of this positive press will help fuel interest for a class out here next Spring!

Sponsor
    Dave;

We had 6 women in this class of 14 students as well as one man who had lost his left arm above the elbow at 3 years old who used a 7 shot Smith revo and loaded from speed loaders.

All of them came up to speed very quickly in two days on the techniques as Linda mentions in her review. Here's a few more pics of some of the students.

Looking forward to Houston next year.

Brownie
    Attached Images
    Last edited by AzQkr; November 4th, 2006 at 06:26 PM.

Sponsored Links