Frontsight Dry Fire Manual

This is a discussion on Frontsight Dry Fire Manual within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone purchased the Frontsight Dry Fire Manual? Is is worth the "price of admission", or is it just information that can be easily be ...

Has anyone purchased the Frontsight Dry Fire Manual? Is is worth the "price of admission", or is it just information that can be easily be found on line?

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Are you kidding, you can find everything you ever need and then some online. I have all the manuals and I am sure you can find all the information online, but you might have to poke around at a few different sights. Handy to have everything consolidated in one package. Worth the price that really comes down to a stewardship issue, I have a friend that will pick a bone over the price of gas, end up driving across town to save 5 cents a gallon which saves a buck then he will spend an arm and a leg on a steak. Depends on what you are willing to spend your money on. I have not done a big search but I have not found other training schools that package the training in a handy manual. By the way Front Sight likes to call it "Dry Practice." Get people out of the mind set that there is ammo anywhere nearby. When done correctly with an unloaded weapon you can practice daily for a few minutes and really improve your handling of your weapon, including the motions to clear malfunctions.

cj
    I picked one up since it was at a great discount, but primarily as a reminder/walkthrough of what they teach...it seems to be more of a manual for their classes and techniques. I'm not sure I'd have found all that much value on its own, but it's a handy reminder for their prescribed methods.

Depends on the price. $40? Heck no.

$10?, maybe

Really, all that you need is a professional training class. They'll show you the drills, and then you practice at home.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by blackforest View Post
    Has anyone purchased the Frontsight Dry Fire Manual? Is is worth the "price of admission", or is it just information that can be easily be found on line?
    Saul Kirsh has done a great book on dryfire, and it's not $40. Steve Anderson has written 2, and while they are more leaned toward competition, they also work for defensive skills. Those are far less than $40. All are available at Brian Enos' website.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Links