Meister's X-ring Rubber Bullets for training

This is a discussion on Meister's X-ring Rubber Bullets for training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone on the forum used or seen someone using the Meister's X-ring Rubber Bullets. The web page indicates this is a rubber projectile loaded ...

Thread: Meister's X-ring Rubber Bullets for training

Has anyone on the forum used or seen someone using the Meister's X-ring Rubber Bullets. The web page indicates this is a rubber projectile loaded in standard brass with the primer hole enlarged and a primer only for the propellant. The article on them says that they can be backstopped by a box with hanging towels or a blanket.

I was trying to find an inexpensive way for the wife and I to practice trigger control, point and shoot frequently with range trips to live fire as time permits.

EmptorMaven Blog Archive X-ring rubber pistol bullets
    "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam" Ray Stevens

IIRC there was a guy that made bullets out of hot glue sticks IIRC he would cut them to length and use the case mouth like a cookie cutter which would cut and seat the bullet,you want to set a new primer in the case first,I'm pretty sure theres a youtube video.Years ago when I reloaded shotgun shells I got a wild hair one day and started cutting the shot cup off of 12 gauge wads,I would load a primer and then seat the wad into the case,I was having fun shooting knick knacks off the wall when she walked in the door just as I popped one.I paid for that momentary lack of good judgement for a looooong time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

They work well in revolvers, but shoot low due to the lack of recoil. They will stop in a cardboard box with shop rags balled up in it. Another option is the plastic bullets and red cases from CCI. You don't need to worry about case prep or drilling out flash holes, just pop out the old primer with a paper clip or something and press a bullet in. They also shoot low and the hard plastic can leave a black streak and a scrape in your linoleum floor if you forget and shoot under your stop-box in your kitchen.....

I would not use either brand for force on force training. I believe both brands are sold by Dillon, and I bet Midway also carries them.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Superhouse,
    Thanks for the info. I plan to use this out of a S&W 642 at self defense distances and do understand that the recoil will not be live ammo accurate. I will also check out the CCI product....sound like less hassle for me and seems safer to identify your practice cases.

Are the primer only loads loud? I am in a suburban area with a home on a 1/8 acre lot and do not want the neighbors calling 911 on me. The guys behind me can be a real pain and are not pro- 2A.

Dukealmighty, I will take your advice and not use the wife's knick knacks for targets! The wife is on my side right now and would like to keep it that way.

Thank you both for your assistance!
    Last edited by makensmoke; June 27th, 2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    "If 10% is good enough for Jesus, it ought to be enough for Uncle Sam" Ray Stevens

I played with these in my 1911s. I wouldn't shoot them at a person. I was able to slay a tree rat with one shot to the head with them. They're accurate, and slightly loud, like a supermag capgun, if there were such a thing. I used magnum primers out of a 3.5" 1911. They were marginally quieter out of my 4.25". Expect a fairly loud noise though nothing compared to anything with powder in it.

Administrator
    Expect any projectile powered only by the primer to impact really low.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    primers still require muffs and ua, a neighbor coming upon your door for whatever reason is gonna hear it.
    lots of cheaper, safer better ways to practice trigger control and point shooting.
    stand 3 paces from a mirror and [UNLOADED] point the gun at yourself. move it around till you are i 2 i with yourself and do a 'bookmark' on your body/hand position.
    repeat that drill till you are 'on target' in the mirror,. than add the trigger squeeze such that the hammer falls when the gun is in your i.
    practice & let us know if this is working for you. take it to the range with real ammo and than lower your i 2 i to the COM.
    soon, the bullet will be going where you are looking--that is called point shooting. 4 out of 5 can acquire this skill, COM at 5 yards and under.

---------> do not try and learn to stage your 642....just don't!
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

You can use snap caps I just bought some today it's for that. You can use it in the house or any were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to thank everyone for the assistance.
    I called to order and was advise by the salesperson that I should verify the local laws because there may be legal restrictions in some areas. I will post what I find out.
    At this point snap caps and a mirror seem to be the easier route.

Thanks again for the help
    Last edited by makensmoke; June 28th, 2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Links