Best Use Ever......

This is a discussion on Best Use Ever...... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For political posters and signs....turn them into target backing. I have found that the corrugated plastic signs that so many politicians now put all over ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Use Ever......

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar

Exclamation Best Use Ever......

For political posters and signs....turn them into target backing.

I have found that the corrugated plastic signs that so many politicians now put all over towns, make great target backing after the election, what is even better?...you can get them for free. They take hundreds of shots, are lightweight, and can be stapled or nailed to anything, and anything can be stapled to them.

Just go by a campaign office and ask for some, or pick the ones up after election day.

My favorites are some massive 4'x6' signs from an anti-gun rights democrat....I went by his campaign HQ the day after they were defeated and asked if I could have their leftover signs. They told me the election was over and it wouldnt do any good to put more out, but gave me a couple anyways, on my way out another person asked what I was going to do with them.

My reply: "shoot em'".
    Last edited by hsuCowboy98; July 31st, 2006 at 03:12 PM.
    Fear No Evil.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by hsuCowboy98

My favorites are some massive 4'x6' signs from an anti-gun rights democrat....I went by his campaign HQ the day after they were defeated and asked if I could have their leftover signs. They told me the election was over and it wouldnt do any good to put more out, but gave me a couple anyways, on my way out another person asked what I was going to do with them.

Great idea, especially appreciate the tip of what to do with "those" signs! That is a classic!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Just be shure and wait untill after the election before collecting any " target backers " . Its universaly a crime to tamper with an election sign LOL
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Just be shure and wait untill after the election before collecting any " target backers " . Its universaly a crime to tamper with an election sign LOL

Of course. It is also a violation of our city ordinance to leave the signs up 15 days past an election....so check with the campaign offices. Most I have talked to dont mind having "volunteers" pick up the signs after an election. All they usually care about is getting the "Tposts back, as they cost many times more than the signs.

Also, the stores that make these signs, often have many "screw ups" that they are willing to give away.
    Fear No Evil.

In the same spirit... At last years Missouri Carry picnic we had a Michael Moore movie poster attached to a hay bale, and used it to catch lead fired from a variety of weapons, including full auto. Brought a smile to my face :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Assistant Administrator
    That stuff is IIRC ''Coreplast'' or some similar name.

It is indeed excellent backing and takes staples well - but beware staple sharp points sticking out the back - they rip fingers nicely (don't ask!).
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hsuCowboy98

(SNIP) They told me the election was over and it wouldnt do any good to put more out, but gave me a couple anyways, on my way out another person asked what I was going to do with them.

OMG! Funny reply! What was their response (or facial expression)?
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

The guy (the campaign manager) looked stunned....he just stared at me the whole rest of the way out.
    Fear No Evil.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Wonderful.
    Can't wait to shoot up some Hilary signs
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Something else that works well is the "coreplast" signs with "shoot-n-c", or other adhesive targets. No staples, a half-dozen signs will survive many, many range dates, and-- best of all-- you're exercising your 1st Amendment at the same time as your 2nd.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks!

What a really great idea.

I would probably use some shoot N c's or something to cover them, not stapled targets.

It would be just my luck that something bad would happen to the canditate depicted on the sign, and someone tips off the cops and they find a bunch of bullet-riddled signs in my garage!! (Tongue in cheek guys!)

Again thanks for the idea.

Administrator

Another Suggestion.

Find an outlet where they get rid of a lot of LARGE cardboard boxes.
    You can take a utility knife with you & cut yourself lots of large sections of corrugated cardboard.

Have somebody trace around you on one section of cardboard & cut yourself out a life size MAN TARGET Stencil.

Buy a can of flat black spray paint & if you spray lightly enough just to "outline yourself" onto the other pieces of cardboard.

You can get many rigid life size BG silhouette targets out of one can of spray paint.

Spray painting them in solid black wastes too much paint.

Just Spray around the edge of stencil and spray paint the human outline.

Nice Stiff Cheapo MAN targets and the stencil lasts forever.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Find an outlet where they get rid of a lot of LARGE cardboard boxes.
    You can take a utility knife with you & cut yourself lots of large sections of corrugated cardboard.

Have somebody trace around you on one section of cardboard & cut yourself out a life size MAN TARGET Stencil.

Buy a can of flat black spray paint & if you spray lightly enough just to "outline yourself" onto the other pieces of cardboard.

You can get many rigid life size BG silhouette targets out of one can of spray paint.

Spray painting them in solid black wastes too much paint.

Just Spray around the edge of stencil and spray paint the human outline.

Nice Stiff Cheapo MAN targets and the stencil lasts forever.
    Auto body shops are great for a supply of large cardboard box. They usually pay someone to cut up the boxes and throw them away. Just ask for them and they will be happy to have you clear them out. The cardboard is very thick and holds up very well.

I used to use the boxes from NAPA that held the flexible exhaust pipe for bow practice. Just filled them with other cardboard and they would stop arrows from 65lb compound bows.

Also to keep from having to put replacing targets after they are shot up just buy a cheap pack of copy paper....double side tape on the back and away ya go.
    Be Safe and Careful,
    Corbett

Mountaineers Are Always Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links