Northern Ohio Zero to Five Feet July23-24

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Cruel Hand Luke 
#1 ·
July 23-24, 2011
ZERO TO 5 FT PISTOL GUNFIGHTING
Pierpont, Ohio
Instructor: Randy Harris
Price$400

This revolutionary class focuses on integrating the pistol into the fight at zero to five feet. This is what some trainers call "The Hole" and their entire perspective is to "Get Out Of The Hole". We don't worry about "getting out of the hole" because the reality of it is that you won't. Instead, we get comfortable in there...we set up a nice cozy camp there and learn to thrive where other men fear to walk. We make the other guy want to get out of the hole he finds himself in as we start to rip his head right off his shoulders. This will be a very thorough study on how to prevail and not get killed at this distance interval. We will do a great deal of technical work to ingrain the correct skills and then work them extensively via force on force exercises. You have never seen training and information like this before.

While I do want to make sure guys are in reasonable condition to handle this, you don't need to be a hard core athlete to do this. We will play hard. . . . but within reason for the attendees we normally have in class.

SOME TOPICS:

•Dealing against the drawn gun. What are all the options? We will look at everything from running away, to drawing and killing him, stabbing him with a knife, to disarming him and shooting him with his own gun.
•Dealing against the drawn knife. Both from "hold up" type situations to actual attacks. You will deal with them with the gun in hand (this one is really cool), and with empty hands, leading into a draw and shots as part of the fight.
•Dealing with a fight in hallways, elevators, phone booths and cars. All empty handed, and with one leading to the other.
•Dealing with more than one bad guy. How to position and maneuver to deny them the advantage, as well as how to immediately escalate and take them out. The combined use of various tools such as knife and gun, knife and light, light and gun, gun and stick. Not only the how, but the why as well.
These and other topics will make this one of the hottest classes available to civilian operators. This course requires prior attendance at an intermediate level Suarez International Pistol class.

DURATION: 2 Days
TIME: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
PREREQUISITES: Students must be in reasonable physical condition and have attended a Suarez International Intermediate pistol class
AMMUNITION: Approximately 200 rounds (Minimum)
YOU NEED TO BRING: Spare clothing appropriate to the weather, lunch/snacks and water (minimum of 1 gallon per person) for the entire day, baseball or other style hat, sun screen, bug repellent, allergy medication (if needed), chair (if you have a problem with sitting on the ground, note taking paper/pen/pencil and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape)

REQUIREMENTS: Pistol, holster, at least two magazines, and the usual range safety gear (ear and eye protection). Bring an airsoft pistol with the necessary gear (pellets, facemask, etc. - all of it is available at One Source Tactical)

5562 N. Richmond Road, Pierpont, OH, 44082

For more info or to enroll...http://www.suarezinternationalstore...otofivefeet-pistolgunfighting-pierpontoh.aspx

See less See more
#3 ·
Certainly looks like a 'real world' class...reminds me of a Wally World parking lot.

#4 ·
If it wasn't in the extreme far corner of the state from me, I would probably go. Although, I don't have the pre-req met I know see. If you have any classes in the more Southern part of the state, particularly SW quadrant, I would be extremely interested.

#5 ·
PREREQUISITES: Students must be in reasonable physical condition and have attended a Suarez International Intermediate pistol class
Too bad. I'm out. This class is less than a half hour drive for me. : (

As an aside I'll say that as a long time wrestler I find this class pretty intriguing. I think I would enjoy it.

#6 ·
If you have other "qualifications" we might be able to get around the SI intermediate class prereq.

The reason for the prereq is because this is an advanced class. In order to insure the safety of all involved , all involved must have a similar level of internalized safe gun handling. This is not the class to come to first learn basic gun safety. That needs to be ingrained before they get here for this class.

If you are serious about wanting to attend, hit me with a PM here and we can certainly discuss it . We have made exceptions before based on someone's prior experience or prior training with other organizations.

We are not trying to limit class size, we are trying to insure a safe learning environment for learning some pretty advanced applications of basic skills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.