People carrying KelTec PF-9 ...you just lost your excuse not to practice.

This is a discussion on People carrying KelTec PF-9 ...you just lost your excuse not to practice. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Twisted Industries, Inc. -KelTec 22 Conversion Kits- PF9 P11 P32 P3AT This kit is to convert your KelTec PF9 9mm hand gun into a Twisted ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: People carrying KelTec PF-9 ...you just lost your excuse not to practice.

Twisted Industries, Inc. -KelTec 22 Conversion Kits- PF9 P11 P32 P3AT

This kit is to convert your KelTec PF9 9mm hand gun into a Twisted Industries PF9-22 .22 caliber hand gun. The light weight construction reduces the firing weight by nearly a third (31% less). In fact, loaded with 10 rounds, the PF9-22 weighs .5 ounce less than the stock PF9 without a magazine. The Slide is made from aircraft quality 7075 aluminum. The 10 round magazine is also machined from billet aluminum. Practice for less money! Same gun, lighter weight and lighter on your wallet! Our kit is machined to the same basic dimensions and even uses the same sights as the PF9 to ensure you are getting the best practice for less money. No need to get a new holster or belt clip either. The one you have now will work with no modifications. Out kits are currently being CeraKoted at no extra charge. CeraKoting is much more durable and looks a lot nicer than standard anodizing. This kit includes everything you need to switch from 9mm to .22 LR in 20 seconds. The kit includes one aluminum magazine, but there is room in the box for two! Don't forget your spare magazine!

You got NO excuse not to get eyeball accurate with your gun now...

Ooh. This conversion may actually convince me on buying a KT-PF9.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    both from Cocoa, Fl. though the zip code is off by 1

still a very interesting product even though the price with 2 mags is about what the 9mm gun sells for.
    if you do not re-load ( 9mm LRN @12 cents/round) than this would be cost effective.
    as well as a great inducement to practice.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

My 9mm 125 grn LRN reloads cost me about $5.00 100 rounds, but I cast my own bullets and buy primers and powder in bulk quantities,there ammo costs are way off,you can get 100 rounds of 9mm in Walmart for around $20.00.
    They almost want the cost of a new gun for just an upper and a couple of mags,.
    Something tells me that Keltec will start producing the kits for a lot cheaper
    jwhite75 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    duk.....though Ive re-loaded since i was 12, i have never had the time to add casting to the hobby. back when the opportunity presented itself,a friend relocated and gave his equipment away, bullets were so inexpensive, heck....half the cost was shipping. now its too late cause I'll be relocating. supplies are generally 3 years looking forward. thus bulk purchases are an annual thing...this year will be powder.
    you think K-T will counter offer? Kimber tried it some years back and it was a top shelf product; i have mine and it is bullseye accurate. but they jobbed it out to Cienner, who loves us almost as much as H&K.

from K_T as a package deal would be nice--if the price was proper.
    though Twisted at $239 msrp could be a $189 on special. better, but still almost the price of a used pf-9
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

While you get training on the trigger and sight picture, you do not get training on dealing with the recoil, which is an issue with the lighter weight 9mm pistols that you need to train for. Sorry - pass.

Shooting a .22 conversion carries the same danger as shooting an Airsoft replica - it can give you a false sense of what you are capable of doing, given the lack of recoil. Something to keep in mind.

I have a .22 conversion for my G19, but only really use it to teach complete novices.
    oneshot likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Meh. Thanks for the heads-up, but I'll stick with the 9x19's.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Yes, it is true that a 22LR conversion does not duplicate the recoil of the centerfire round. However between the inexpensive trigger time and the extra fun that a conversion gives you, I think it is probably well worth the expense. I'm definitely interested!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the link Mitchell. I've been considering a Kel-Tec PF-9 for several months now. This new conversion kit may help spur into pulling the trigger on the PF-9.

I understand 10thmtn's point and agree with it. You must practice with full power loads to learn to handle the recoil. Especially with the small pocket pistols.

But still, having the ability to swap over to .22 in a minute or two and be able to shoot it all day long for cheap is just an added benefit.

Although It would be a while before getting the conversion kit, it's nice to know a gun I am considering has that accessory available.

Thanks MitchellCT.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks for the link. I would like having such a conversion kit for my PF9, but I think for the cost involved, I'd be better off just buying another .22 pistol and have 2 guns instead of 1 1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellB View Post
    Thanks for the link. I would like having such a conversion kit for my PF9, but I think for the cost involved, I'd be better off just buying another .22 pistol and have 2 guns instead of 1 1/2.
    I agree. A while back, I bought an old Iver Johnson 8-shot .22 revolver. Cost me all of $150.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I agree. A while back, I bought an old Iver Johnson 8-shot .22 revolver. Cost me all of $150.

^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^

Bought a super single six, 6in. barrel for $250.

Now I have the option of .22LR or 22mag.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links