Here is an interesting thought for training.

This is a discussion on Here is an interesting thought for training. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading a couple threads in the "Scenario" forum, I got to pondering an idea for some defensive pistol training. Reaction training class for what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Here is an interesting thought for training.

Here is an interesting thought for training.

After reading a couple threads in the "Scenario" forum, I got to pondering an idea for some defensive pistol training.

Reaction training class for what would be considered the most common/justifiable situations for use of deadly force using felons/convicts/violent offenders as the aggressor (they will do what they always do when committing their crimes).

Give them a pistol with simunitions and real basic instructions. "Go through that door, and rob the place/or people - do what you did when you got busted", let it play out. When it is done, remove the BG, and review/correct if needed the students actions. Rinse and repeat.

Work out a deal with the local jail/prison to keep rotating the BGs through so they don't get lazy or over aggressive (READ - tired of getting shot at, and just start shooting).

I think it would be kind of a win/win. Your average Jane/Joe gets to deal with real criminals doing what they do in as much as a real life random unfolding of events, the criminals in turn find out that there are a lot of their "potential paydays" getting trained on how to deal with what they do, and hopefully make some life changing career decisions.

Just a pre-caffeine pondering.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    I'm liking that idea. Kind of like a chain gang. Put em to work doing something productive.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member
    Not a bad idea.

Now go get some coffee.

VIP Member
    The problem is that you are assuming the good guys would be the only ones learning in those situations.

I say lock them down and leave them there until the end of their sentence. I will learn from video or LEOs or other that have been-there-done-that.

I like my bad guys just as ignorant as possible.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    The problem is that you are assuming the good guys would be the only ones learning in those situations.

I say lock them down and leave them there until the end of their sentence. I will learn from video or LEOs or other that have been-there-done-that.

what if you only use lifers?
    Erick46590 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    My problem with that is that it still provides entertainment to the prisoners. I'm one of those crazy right-wingers who think that jail time should be punishment (rehabilitation is a possible positive outcome, but not a primary effort). I'd like to see every inmate in leg-irons and over-crowded prisons, sweating their butts off in the South Carolina sun, picking up trash along the highways, with Bubba standing over them with mirrored sunglasses and a Remington 870.
    Erick46590 and First Sgt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    My problem with that is that it still provides entertainment to the prisoners. I'm one of those crazy right-wingers who think that jail time should be punishment (rehabilitation is a possible positive outcome, but not a primary effort). I'd like to see every inmate in leg-irons and over-crowded prisons, sweating their butts off in the South Carolina sun, picking up trash along the highways, with Bubba standing over them with mirrored sunglasses and a Remington 870.
    LOL I grew up watching that exact scene play out every weekend. Orange bus with barred windows and the mirrored sunglasses watching them sling a blade at the weeds that didn't need trimming. The Shawshank before there was a Shawshank.

I agree that it would be some type of entertainment for the thugs. Maybe they couold be turned loose to do it to each other and observe their tactics and possibly let them beat the crap out of each other in the process. Might thin the herd a bit too when all is said and done.
    WHEC724 and Erick46590 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Lifers would be the LAST ones I would want to see taken out of lock down. They have nothing to loose. The lifer is the most violent and depraved ones inside (usually). I would think they would constitute the most extreme situation any of us would face, not the most likely/commom situtuation as the OP indicated.

Also, those lifers are usually at the top of the food-chain. What is to stop them from instructing their underlings in the latest and greatest tactics they just learned from US?

It is one of those ideas that look good on paper/internet, but in reality is a non-starter.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I agree
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Never happen....

I doubt you'll be able to find any jail or prison system that will buy into your idea.
    They're not going to let their "guests" out for the training, so you'd have to go inside. And bring in simunitions gear? I suspect the security people at the jail/prison would not allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post

I have to agree with this....

I do not think the BGs need any more training in there craft.

Just use Death Row inmates, Give them a Hi Poinnt (with NO firing pin) three rounds under shotgun supervition & Home owners a call their comming ; ) Just A Thought
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Yup...I like the "Sheriff Joe" approach, out in Phoenix Az. It is supposed to be punishment. The more punishing the better.
    Maybe they won't want to come back.
    Just my $.02
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Most prisons are Hang-outs for dysfunctional non-law biding people, who watch TV, play sports, lift weights, and find God. Convicts should dig holes, chop tress down all day... put them to hard labor work, stop the hang-outs. Right now prison is a big improvement compared to their street life... cable, friends, weights, and all the food they can eat, and a clean bed.

Find me on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by gunsite View Post
    Most prisons are Hang-outs for dysfunctional non-law biding people, who watch TV, play sports, lift weights, and find God. Convicts should dig holes, chop tress down all day... put them to hard labor work, stop the hang-outs. Right now prison is a big improvement compared to their street life... cable, friends, weights, and all the food they can eat, and a clean bed.

Find me on Google+
    Youve got that right, for the price of housing them per year. You would think society could get a little back...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links