Example of condition white....not good - Page 2

Example of condition white....not good

This is a discussion on Example of condition white....not good within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very eye opening. It's almost like you have to watch a couple of these vids everyday as a reminder that once our guard is down ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Example of condition white....not good

Very eye opening. It's almost like you have to watch a couple of these vids everyday as a reminder that once our guard is down even for a second, is when evil will strike.

Absolutely mind-blowing that you can't wait for your lunch/dinner to come, or talk to someone, w/o having your head on a swivel and looking for the BG's.

Much appreciated!

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    Different Spin on the guy in Mickey D's:

OK you are sitting in a booth eating your big mac and fries and this goes down. What do you do??
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

If I witness the whole thing, I'm tackling the guy and beating the piss outta him.

There's no way that I would let that happen and let that scumbag get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PT-111
    Always stay alert. Always keep your eyes moving and watching the people around you, no matter where you are or how "safe" the place seems.
    government employees might not be able to "profile", but that certainly doesnt apply to me.

.....sad thing is that its gonna get a lot worse before decent folks say to hell with being politically correct, and decide that its time to forget the bull and organize to take a stand to make it any better. i only hope they dont wait until its to late to make a difference.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    I lifted this video and posted it on Warrior Talk yesterday. Look what I just read over there.

You aren't going to believe this. He was arrested today by my Department, Waco, TX PD, and charged with the Agg. Robbery warrant for this attack, a parole violation and some local charges. He is the suspect in a similar attack here a few days ago, that was also caught on security camera. He broke a Jack Daniels bottle over a 62 year old clerks head while her 2 grandchildren were watching. Beat her over the head with the cash register, then fled on foot. After watching this video and seeing that Grand Prairie is only about 2 hours north, I sent the link to our Robbery unit. Long story short...he's behind bars awaiting our Aggr. Robbery warrant

Just talked to the investigator in charge of the case. Our guys had heard of the video, or may have seen it a few days ago. Grand Prairie PD had talked to our guys about it and our guys were going to get a local TV station to pull up the video. But, thanks to Sweatinbullets link, I beat them to it. The suspect is from Waco, but had been living in Arlington after getting out of prison. He did not have a recent photo, but TDCJ got one from his prison stay and we are going to show a lineup to the victim tomorrow. She is getting out of ICU tomorrow. More later..
    Nice job PT-111.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Cool beans on the arrest.

As for what I would have done, brass knucks are a deadly weapon...
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Thanks Sweatinbullets. But, good job for what? I didn't do anything but post the video, you got it to the people who needed it.

I hope he is really arrested and I hope he is put away for a long, long time. "People" like that make me sick.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Assistant Administrator
    Well that seems a crumb of good news - pity tho his fate is not going to be what I would choose
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

howdy, all.

I'm new to this forum. Just recently purchased a Skyy 9mm and am range shooting quite a bit. It's a double action, KelTec knock off and I've never, ever shot before, so I need the practice to stop the anticipatory pushing down on the gun during that long trigger pull.

Anyway, I'm headed for a CHL in TX, but I'm somewhat of a skeptic.

What would a CCW have done in this case?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to exploring this site.

I thought the same thing myself. I think the issues here is simply if you let someone walk up in your personal space and not pay attention to them, then you are lucky if you live. Even though the BG is scum, the victim sure gave the BG every chance to harm him without any hope of defense or retribution.
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    Looks like they may have caught the low life scum who committed the Aggravated Robbery that occured at the Mickey D's in Grand Prarie.

I've seen the video on the robbery in Waco, sucker need to be put away for life (66years max in Texas).

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/15235508.htm

And this boys and girls is why I carry 24/7.

Jungle Work

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by AceRider
    What would a CCW have done in this case?
    Welcome :)

If one of us was in condition white, like this guy was, and didn't see it coming until we were on the ground... CCW wouldn't have 'done' anything in this case. (except perhaps supply another weapon to a violent criminal!)

The poster's objective (if I'm reading it right) in posting this was to remind everyone that conditon white is a dangerous state of mind.

If a well trained, alert, armed citizen had been in this person's place, the outcome could have been quite different. An armed response to such an action may have prevented this particular thug from _ever_ endangering another person again.

Being armed is a state of mind. A person in condition white isn't armed, no matter if they are carrying or not.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Thanks for the welcome.

But what would have been different if that was you in the video? Turn and look at the guy being aware of your surroundings; stare at him for a second and nod "what's up."

Then you go about your order? Leave? He didn't look nervous or agitated and ready to go off. He looked totally calm and like a reasonable person. Not dangerous; no indication of up to no good. Just a guy standing there.

Now, if this was a bad neighborhood and a young guy comes in - hispanic, white, black, asian, whatever - you may be more concerned. But in a decent part of town, he's just another patron.

What do you do? Leave immediately because a young black guy walks in? Put your hand into your belt?

The best I can think without just running away every time you see someone who may clock you is to step back from the counter behind him. But if you are ordering, that would be an odd act.

I just don't get what all of this condition white and yellow would do in this situation. I understand it in a dark parking lot/parking garage etc. where someone is hanging out for no reason; that's suspicious and requires scrutiny. But when someone else comes into a restaurant who could be dangerous - that could be absolutely any other person walking through the door.

Care is one thing. But to not have this happen to you you would have to have debilitating paranioa and be suspicious and careful around absolutely everyone.

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AceRider
    Thanks for the welcome.

But what would have been different if that was you in the video? Turn and look at the guy being aware of your surroundings; stare at him for a second and nod "what's up."

Then you go about your order? Leave? He didn't look nervous or agitated and ready to go off. He looked totally calm and like a reasonable person. Not dangerous; no indication of up to no good. Just a guy standing there.

Now, if this was a bad neighborhood and a young guy comes in - hispanic, white, black, asian, whatever - you may be more concerned. But in a decent part of town, he's just another patron.

What do you do? Leave immediately because a young black guy walks in? Put your hand into your belt?

The best I can think without just running away every time you see someone who may clock you is to step back from the counter behind him. But if you are ordering, that would be an odd act.

I just don't get what all of this condition white and yellow would do in this situation. I understand it in a dark parking lot/parking garage etc. where someone is hanging out for no reason; that's suspicious and requires scrutiny. But when someone else comes into a restaurant who could be dangerous - that could be absolutely any other person walking through the door.

Care is one thing. But to not have this happen to you you would have to have debilitating paranioa and be suspicious and careful around absolutely everyone.
    I would have looked him in the eye and said "how are you doing?" as I repositioned myself. I would have created distance and bladed myself, in an advantageuos manner. I would have also brought my hands up to a "Jack Benny" position.

What this does is let's him know that you see him, you are watching him, and you have a clue about the realities of the real world. It also makes him "show his hand." The initial positioning would have had my "gut" screaming. If he repositioned himself for an attack, he has shown his hand. If he "shows his hand" then you can do what is best as the situation dictates.

The idea is to make yourself out to be a difficult and high risk target. By following some very simple concepts you can convince the vast majority of the BG's to move on to easier pickings.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    The first video happened in the town where I live.. and I haven't even heard about it until now. But it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm just glad the older gentleman wasn't injured worse.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links