Example of condition white....not good - Page 3

Example of condition white....not good

This is a discussion on Example of condition white....not good within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's "bladed" and "Jack Benny?"...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Example of condition white....not good

What's "bladed" and "Jack Benny?"

Also, what do you mean about the "initial positioning?" Did you see him do something before he hit the guy that was suspicious?

I just watched the video again: BG walks in, looks at money in his hand, looks at the guy at the counter, puts his hands down likes he's waiting, looks at the guy again, then right (all of which appears to be aimless observation while he's waiting to order), and hauls off and clocks him.

Until that point, he did nothing suspicious at all.

I agree with you about making him aware that you see him by saying "how are you." Maybe standing at a different angle facing him a little more. Would that have stopped him, made him spend his money instead of taking yours?

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AceRider
    What's "bladed" and "Jack Benny?"
    "Bladed" Think of a fighting stance, those are usually bladed. This also keeps my concealed weapon on the far side of my body. Do a search for the "Interview stance" commonly use by our LEO's.

"Jack Benny" Is where you bring one of your hands up to your chin (like you are thinking) and your other hand across your body with the hand slightly under the elbow. By bringing your hands up, you are in a much better positon to block or parry an attack. The basic rule is to always have your hands higher than a potential attacker. This position is completely non threatening and put's you in a good position to protect yourself.
    Last edited by Sweatnbullets; August 9th, 2006 at 10:33 PM.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Good job catching this asshat. Too bad he'll get to burden the taxpayers some more. Incidentally, had I been a customer seated in that restaurant, the SOB would have been accidentally choked into a coma as I restrained him for the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by AceRider
    Also, what do you mean about the "initial positioning?" Did you see him do something before he hit the guy that was suspicious?

I just watched the video again: BG walks in, looks at money in his hand, looks at the guy at the counter, puts his hands down likes he's waiting, looks at the guy again, then right (all of which appears to be aimless observation while he's waiting to order), and hauls off and clocks him.

Until that point, he did nothing suspicious at all.

I agree with you about making him aware that you see him by saying "how are you." Maybe standing at a different angle facing him a little more. Would that have stopped him, made him spend his money instead of taking yours?
    The line is usually behind you, by positioning himself on the counter I would have considered him, at the very least rude, and at the most someone that has positioned himself to an advantageous position to launch an attack.

What the thug is doing is called a "target glance" and a "witness check." Those seemingly harmless moves are all classic pre-attack indicators.

AceRider, check out this link if you want to learn some more. Mindset issues are an absolute must for CCWer's

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tmanifold/street_101.htm

Jack Benny, You can also hide a weapon in your hidden hand.

Welcome Acerider

I originaly posted the link to this video to demonstrate the danger of being in condition wihite. I myself, strive to never be in condition white. Even if I am standing at the counter at a fast food joint like this man was, in a nice area of town or not, I make eye contact with everyone arounf me. I say hello or other wise let them know by looking them dead in the eye and making sure they are aware I am looking them in the eye that I see them.
    I do not, as the man in the video did, tuen my back on anyone I do not know.
    If you watch the video, the bad guy does in fact look like he is up to no good to me. The way he leans on the counter and keeps looking at the victim is a give away to this. Even if he did not do anything at all to make me suspect he was up to no good, I still would not slip into condition white.

If you allow yourself to get knocked on your butt or knocked out, you will be disarmed and possibly killed with your own weapon. Remember, in any confrontation you are involved in, there is at least one gun present, yours. Don't give the bad guy any chance to take it from you.

Condition white is a killer. It might be you that it kills.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Scum.... Thank goodness they got this coward.

The guy at McDonalds is very lucky he was not hurt worse... Of course around here, all the McDonalds are posted with Criminal Protection Signs, So he couldn't have legaly carried into McDonalds anyway.

That's why when I go out for lunch, I sure don't go to Mcdonalds!!

Thanks for posting the Video... I good reminder for us all on just how FAST things like this can happen.
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

The kid needed an M249 mounted on a shopping cart.

This Makes Me Very Angry...

and is the reason I carry...always! That's part of the battle, and it is a BATTLE...stay alert...ALWAYS.

The 'look them in the eye' advice is right on the money...it says, "You might just want to find another victim!"

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I try to keep folks in my "front quarter" at all times. That scuz is:

&*^%@#$%(*&^#@#$%^

Chlorine!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

If that would have been a white guy hitting the black guy. The race card would fly.

:pissedoff:
    Mighty HD

yeah well that is the way it is in the country. police shoot a white guy no problems. police shoot a black guy it is cause he was black they shot him.....not cause he was committing a crime and they were forced to. I personally am no racist but like many folks that "double standard" gets REAL old.

I noticed that the two did acknowledge each other at the beginnning of the video. If the guy who got assaulted at the Micky D's had a gun it probably woluld have been taken too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links