Where Modern Technique Went Wrong - Page 2

Where Modern Technique Went Wrong

This is a discussion on Where Modern Technique Went Wrong within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Patience and decorum go far toward counteracting the deficiencies of this medium....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where Modern Technique Went Wrong

Patience and decorum go far toward counteracting the deficiencies of this medium.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Patience and decorum go far toward counteracting the deficiencies of this medium.
    ahhh yes, manners are too little, morals are too much...
    But the truth.....
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Nice article, and I am a member of the wqarrior talk forum as others, I have all ways believed the Col. as most call him strayed from the path due to compitetion intrest, his training and back ground have done good for several, but he had a habit as does Clint Smith of dismissing PS as crap, which in its self makes them suspect as far as I'm concerned, to totaly disrequard your betters and those whom have survived due to PS training and thought, is shear stupid stupidity, even the true old timers , a few I trained with as a young man never said to me this is the only way, all to a man told me to seek out and train . "Nothing ever learned is a waste"

Point shooting has it's place, and in some very realistic scenarios would be the only option. The front sight however is there for a reason, and should be utilized whenever possible.

The Modern Technique did not go wrong. But it does sound interesting enough when you hear it to get your attention, as any advertisement should do.

It is the Modern Technique that started the idea of defensive pistolcraft.
    Great training institutes such as Lethal Force, Thunder Ranch, and Front Sight, are a great example of credible schools who have used the Modern Technique and developed real world curriculum from it.
    It continues to evolve.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    "He was more aware of what the Colonel wanted than anyone of us here" Are you sure about that?
    So far as I know, yes. I should have, I guess, added that qualifier to the original statement. It's not easy to always be as complete in statements as I would like to be. Given that, I normally don't worry to much about admitting to error when it is indicated. Is there someone here that has similar or more time with the Colonel?
    "Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

www.inshadowinlight.com

http://inshadowinlight.wordpress.com

It may depend on the answer to post. #8.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links