We had a big argument on gun handling at the gunshop - opinions? - Page 4

We had a big argument on gun handling at the gunshop - opinions?

This is a discussion on We had a big argument on gun handling at the gunshop - opinions? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If this lady is smart, and I'm sure she is, and she's still sore about it, here's what you need to do. You need to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: We had a big argument on gun handling at the gunshop - opinions?

If this lady is smart, and I'm sure she is, and she's still sore about it, here's what you need to do. You need to say, "Gee Honey, I'm really sorry I embarrassed you at the store the other day." That's it. Don't apologize for correcting her, because you were right. Don't apologize for her reaction, because that's hers. Just apologize that you embarrassed her, because I'm sure you didn't mean to. I can guarantee she learned her lesson, and I can guarantee she will never do it again.
    DoctorBob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by macg19 View Post
    There was a news article posted here last week about a 23 year old guy who was demonstrating how the safety works to his friends by pointing the gun at his own head...guess how that turned out.

Gander Mountain has small backstops to aim at behind the counter, many stores don't have anything, they should all use these to create a SOP.
    Hey macg, do you know what these backstops are called? My company is setting up a retail store, and I would like to have something like this for our customers.

I can sympathize with the OP on this one - my SO would make the fact that I embarrassed her the focus of the argument, not the fact that she did something monumentally wrong. That being said, I might have handled it differently... But then again, I might not. Can't say for sure how I would have reacted. I hope I never find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    And if there's one thing firearms demands, is a level of maturity and respect for the gun.
    ^^^^This^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by YANG View Post
    You did fine. You were worried about safety.

Look at it this way... everyone in the store is not going to know that the firearm was cleared.. for all they know, it could be a robbery.. about 90% of people in a gun store carry concealed... now.. if someone were to glance over and see her pointing the gun at the clerk.. do you know how many people would draw? This could go south fast.
    I'm not sure if I would, but the impulse would definitely be there.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

You are right, she is wrong, but good luck with that.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    If this lady is smart, and I'm sure she is, and she's still sore about it, here's what you need to do. You need to say, "Gee Honey, I'm really sorry I embarrassed you at the store the other day." That's it. Don't apologize for correcting her, because you were right. Don't apologize for her reaction, because that's hers. Just apologize that you embarrassed her, because I'm sure you didn't mean to. I can guarantee she learned her lesson, and I can guarantee she will never do it again.
    IMHO as a (formerly) certified therapist and licensed professional, you've may have bigger problems with this relationship than just the way the gun was pointing. I agree with the above; you might want to mend fences and then take a long hard look at the relationship. If your partner dis'es you for something like this (when you are SO obviously right - at least as you describe it) the future is uncertain...

Is this a work partner or a relationship partner? I see a lot of folks speaking as if this is a significant other rather than a co-worker.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links