Front Site Firearms Training? - Page 2

Front Site Firearms Training?

This is a discussion on Front Site Firearms Training? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh boy, Scientology ...I wonder if Tom Cruise trains there? And what about folks who have had training from other schools?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Site Firearms Training?

Oh boy, Scientology ...I wonder if Tom Cruise trains there? And what about folks who have had training from other schools?
    ...one jagged hole!

Any one have certs for sale?

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees98a View Post
    Any one have certs for sale?
    Yep, still got some. Same deal as in my prior posts. PM me and I will give you my contact info.

I attended the 4 day defensive pistol class last year and it was great. No Scientology, no mention of lawsuits, no hi pressure sales. Just 4 days of very professional training. I would highly recommend it. I am planning on taking the 4 day shotgun or rifle soon. I could care less what the founder's religious memberships are, as they are not reflected in any of the training. Do you see anyone mentioning other professional trainer's affiliations? Take it for what it's worth and enjoy. It is the best $100 you will spend on a course. Take plenty of BandAids, water, and a good holster/magazine carrier and be ready to learn from great teachers. Feel free to PM me if you need further info.
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by bass806 View Post
    I could care less what the founder's religious memberships are, as they are not reflected in any of the training.
    In my mind, taking a gun class from a Scientology-affiliated business would be like taking a pottery class affiliated with the Brady Bunch. Not related, but not something I want to support.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I'm considering taking their course. After all, it's only 70 miles to go there from Vegas to go "over the hjmp to Parhump". Or, if you believe the brothel ads, it's only 69 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by sevesteen View Post
    In my mind, taking a gun class from a Scientology-affiliated business would be like taking a pottery class affiliated with the Brady Bunch. Not related, but not something I want to support.
    A four day course for a little over $100 bought from an individule member is definitely not "support."

That would be a "burden" if anything.

Have not been there myself but my neighbor has and he went back three more times. Says nothing but good about it. So like sarhog, I only listen to people who have actuall been there.

Long drive from N Idaho so it must be worth it for him. From what he told me, would like to go myself some day.

Originally Posted by sevesteen

Not trying to change the direction of this thread. . . just a rhetorical question. . . .

Unless they are pushing the Scientology during training, (I don't agree with them BTW) the handgun / rifle / shotgun etc. training is what you are there to learn. If the training is good, would it make a diff if they were Jewish / Christian / Muslim etc?

SweatnBullets,
    Any certs left? I might be interested in two or more if I can. My wife and father might enjoy it.
    XD SC 9mm
    S&W 340pd

Minnesota Gun Talk

"A thing long expected takes the form of the unexpected when at last it comes." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by brauchma View Post
    SweatnBullets,
    Any certs left? I might be interested in two or more if I can. My wife and father might enjoy it.

Yes, plenty of certs available. Pm me if you are interested and I will give you my contact information.

For those that may be interested "Front Sight Challenge" shooting competition show begins running on the VS (versus) network twice a week beginning next Friday, Jan. 5th.
    http://www.versus.com

This will be a competition between military, LEO's, and trained civilians in shooting disciplines. Depending on how well the TV shows do, the market value of certificates may go up. E-bay is basically setting the value due to "supply and demand." It will be interesting to see if the TV shows have any effect on the certificate prices.

I will still be selling them cheap. For me it is about making training affordable for those on a budget.....I already got my monies worth out of my membership.

Sounds like alot of people who want to train at " Front Sight " are doing it because its close to Las Vegas . I've been training with a place called Progressive Force Concepts ( www.PFCtraining.com ) for awhile and love there style and would recommend them to anyone looking for GOOD real life training . There are only about 20 mins from the strip.
    "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing."

Edmond Burke

I just purchased two of these certificates from another source (sorry I just found this thread) and I will be going in the fall. Vegas is not a problem as I will be leaving my wife there with a friend while I talk the class.

I have heard nothing but good about the training and the over all experiance there. I could not find anything in print other than acusations about the scientology issue. I do not believe in it myself but I do not know much about it either. I do not think that it is illegal or causing a problem either. So if it is not pushed on me at the facility I do not feal like I am supporting an illegal or dangerous group. As for the land issues I do not doubt that any business that grows to the size of theirs without issues. So I will leave all that on here to discuse and give their famed training a try.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

ordinary, average law abiding private citizens going head-to-head against seasoned SWAT Cops, Federal Agents, and Military Special Forces personnel in exciting and challenging shooting competitions! Now imagine those same average, ordinary, law abiding private citizens winning the competitions at least half the time!
    This cannot be! As soon as we put on the badge/tab we become supermen, able to do things with our hands and weapons that no mere civilian could ever hope to accomplish!

Seriously, I have no access to this show out here - how has it been going?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

My tv guide says I get it but have not been able to find it on that channel. I think it would be fun to watch.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links