Front Site Firearms Training?

This is a discussion on Front Site Firearms Training? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone taking classes at Front Site and if so what did you think about it, what would you rate it and would you recommend ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Site Firearms Training?

Has anyone taking classes at Front Site and if so what did you think about it, what would you rate it and would you recommend Front Site?

I have been looking at them for some time now and haven't really considered it before because of the distance. I live in Missouri and Front Site is in California. I am looking at getting away for a week and thought that this would be a good opportunity to get into some training out there.

So what info do you have for me and others that might be interested in attending?

I also get the Front Site email news letter and thought it was interesting that Front Site is doing a "reality" T.V. series coming soon, called the Front Site Challenge. ordinary, average law abiding private citizens going head-to-head against seasoned SWAT Cops, Federal Agents, and Military Special Forces personnel in exciting and challenging shooting competitions! Now imagine those same average, ordinary, law abiding private citizens winning the competitions at least half the time!

It's a 26 episode Reality TV Series created to showcase law abiding citizens with no previous law enforcement or military experience— Just Front Sight Trained— competing on the same level with seasoned professionals who carry a gun for a living!

Check out the vid here.

http://www.frontsight.com/challenge.asp

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Front Sight Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    Has anyone taking classes at Front Site and if so what did you think about it, what would you rate it and would you recommend Front Site?

I have been looking at them for some time now and haven't really considered it before because of the distance. I live in Missouri and Front Site is in California. I am looking at getting away for a week and thought that this would be a good opportunity to get into some training out there.

So what info do you have for me and others that might be interested in attending?

Ti
    I attended Front Sight and took their 4 day Defensive Handgun class in November last year. The facility is actually in Pahrump, Nevada, not California.
    I bought a certificate that covered tuition for $150 from a forum member at the 1911 forum. Tuition was $1200 at the time, though I think it has gone up since. If you are considering going, find a certificate, either on E-bay or on one of the forums. It will save you loads of money.
    All in all, it was first rate training that I would recommend to anyone unless you are already very proficient, in which case it may just be mostly a review for you.
    I wrote a detailed trip report in this thread.
    Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

I have only heard good things about the training, but their legal practices/problems and religious affiliation really turn me off. Any group which uses frivolous lawsuits/attorney's fees to run people over are not the kind of people I want to deal with.

All the best,

Joe

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    I can sell you a four day certificate for $100 (yes, one hundred) plus shipping and paypal. This is for first time only students and covers the four day handgun, rifle, or shotgun. It is very good training!

Look at this from a purely selfish position. Who cares about all of the outside politics if you can get four days of top notch fundamentals training for a lousy hundred bucks.

What legal practices/problems and religious affiliation are you talking about? I've been thinking of training and haven't heard anything about this. Thanks.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Hum, this is interesting, I am surprised at Fargo's post, I had not heard of that until now and Thank's sarhog for your information, indorsement and recommendation.

ETA: Sweatnbullets, you have a PM on the way!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I have had some PM's asking about the certificates. Here is what the deal is. Frontsight has memberships, I became a member back in 1999. As part of the membership you receive certificates to give to your family, gift to friends, or to sell to other like minded individules. These certificates are used to bring in new customers and are for "first time students only." There is no experation date on the certs.

There are other certs. availble for return students, but the most common are the ones that I have. I only have two certs left, but I have a buddy that has a decent supply. He is in Hawaii right now, but I bet he would be willing to sell his at the same deal.

I do not get into discussing the problems that FS may or may not have. Since I got in early, live right over the hill, and am a "training junkie" my experience has been very positive. But my goal was to get the very most out of the training available. I was out there every chance I got.

As in anything.....do your homework and buyer beware.

My personal and membership information will be made available to those that may purchase certs. from me.

VIP Member
    I personally wouldn't waste the money/time to go there. There are plenty of training opportunities here in Texas for me to take advantage of.
    I too have heard negative things from a credible source in the LEO/training arena.
    ...to each his own
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra
    I too have heard negative things from a credible source in the LEO/training arena.
    ...to each his own
    I heard alot of negative stuff about them too. Thing was, everyone that had negative comments about them had never been there!?
    When I found 3 folks that had actually trained there, they all agreed that it was very good training.
    So I took the plunge and went. I do not regret it.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I tend to put more stock in the opinions of folks with first hand knowledge.
    Just my 2 pennies worth.
    Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Sarhog's gallery

VIP Member
    I could have been more specific..........
    the negative stuff I heard was about the owner/organization, not the training; seems they were misrepresenting things about the company and the community they were building/land they were selling; seems they were not living up to the agreements they had made with folks, etc
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra
    I could have been more specific..........
    the negative stuff I heard was about the owner/organization, not the training; seems they were misrepresenting things about the company and the community they were building/land they were selling; seems they were not living up to the agreements they had made with folks, etc
    That, in my opinion, is very likely.
    It seems to me that Front Sight is 2 things:

1. A firearms training facility. I think they do a great job in that respect. I would have no reservations about training with them again.

2. A real estate/members resort/investment opportunity type of deal. I have no first-hand knowledge on this part of there operation, though the Front Sight Litigation website has links to newspaper articles and class action lawsuit paperwork that seem pretty damning.

Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Sarhog's gallery

VIP Member
    yeah, my contact was there for a meeting along with a lot of other LEO, SWAT teams, and trainers. They put on a big dog & pony show, and eluded to the real estate/members stuff you're talking about. Then the "door" prizes were "drawn"......
    every one of the prizes went to people that were dressed in FrontSite gear
    at this point I would not do any business with them even if I lived close-by, too many things just don't sound right
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey
    What legal practices/problems and religious affiliation are you talking about? I've been thinking of training and haven't heard anything about this. Thanks.
    A Google search revealed an association with Scientology on the part of the founder of Front Site and the use of legal practices by Scientologists to silence their critics by said founder. He also had some trouble with the Nye County, Nevada's Sheriff's department regarding the issuance of a letter conferring "special consideration" on him if the department wished to continue training at Front Site.

I received a reply from my training partner in Hawaii. He is willing to sell his supply of certs at the same price as I offered. He will be back in town around August 20th. As you all can imagine, we are not "getting rich" by selling these courses for $100. This is more about offering like minded people a chance to receive excellent training. Not everyone can affford to train, and this opens the doors to many. The hundred bucks is more about making sure the people that get the certs, have a motivation to use them.

There is nothing worse than giving them to people that never use them or lose them because they they were "free."

64zebra , I agree with you . I don't like to bash when i don't know first hand . But i have heard alot of bad things for my trainners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links