SD Training-train to reality. - Page 2

SD Training-train to reality.

This is a discussion on SD Training-train to reality. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wjh2657 Over 50 yards at a moving target is not pistol range. That is rifle range. IMHO To attempt a 65 yard ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SD Training-train to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Over 50 yards at a moving target is not pistol range. That is rifle range. IMHO To attempt a 65 yard shot on a moving target iusing a handgun n a public area is irresponsible.
    Don't judge the world by your own limitations.

If the threat is at 65 yards with a rifle, that's the threat you gotta deal with.

It may be pistol range or it may not be...but that's the threat. Last rifle day at SIG, we did rifle work at 0 to 50 yards, and let me tell you, being on the recieving end of that fire wouldn't have been fun. Shooting with an iron sight AR on the move at 50 yards...you are dressed meat on a plate if the shooter wants you, so you better be able to deal with it.

Would shooting at a threat at 65yds be irresponsible?

I don't know. Depends on the threat.

If you miss, it's bad...but if you allow a rifle armed threat to continue without engaging him...

What then?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    The dilemma is that you are responsible for the damage and injury or death you cause if you miss. Even if you cause only property damage, you are responsible. Cause an injury to an innocent by stander and your good motives and intentions will likely never get you out of debt.

Total Protection Interactive

Total Protection Interactive

If you'd like to read some really good stuff on the issue, click the links.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links