Signed Up For a MAG-40 Class

This is a discussion on Signed Up For a MAG-40 Class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Massad Ayoob has long been one of my idols in the firearms arena. I've read many of his books and watched a bunch of his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signed Up For a MAG-40 Class

Signed Up For a MAG-40 Class

Massad Ayoob has long been one of my idols in the firearms arena. I've read many of his books and watched a bunch of his videos and always secretly dreamed of the day that I could take one of his classes. Now that my home state of Wisconsin is on the threshold of allowing concealed carry, I made the decision that the time is now. Today I sent off my registration for Massad's February, 2012 MAG-40 class in Live Oak, Florida. To say I'm stoked would be a bit of an understatement. In my opinion, I owe it to myself and my family to be as good at this as I can possibly be. Now, if February could just get here FASTER! God, grant me patience...NOW!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights)

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Congrats, I plan on signing up for that class the when they come back to Iowa this summer.

You just signed up for the best 40 hours that can be spent outside of a high class brothel.

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Yah, I'm jealous. I've read just about all of his stuff. I'm just not at a stage in life where I can peel off 40 hours to go do this.

'Soak it up!

Congratulations to your achieving a dream! Enjoy!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Is it February yet? DANG, there goes that patience thing again!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights)

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    You will join a pretty select group. This is one of the best steps you can take.

I am jealous his class is on my to-do list and that one just happens to be in my home town (which is small BTW) but with deployment and leave dates it's just not in the cards for me right now, all well maybe next time, enjoy it
    For God and Country

Congrats- that's on my list of 'have to do' things, too. It'll be a great experience so please be sure to take good notes so you can review it for us here when you get back home. Enjoy!

how much does the class cost?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Normally the class is $800, however, if you register for the Florida class before December 1 it's only $700. As of earlier this week the class was already about 40% full.

thanks, I'm considering this. Maybe we'll meet if I register.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them..."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipRoser View Post
    I am jealous his class is on my to-do list and that one just happens to be in my home town (which is small BTW) but with deployment and leave dates it's just not in the cards for me right now, all well maybe next time, enjoy it
    Thanks Phillip! Also, thanks for your service and, for God's sake, keep your head down and stay safe.

I know it's a long wait, but come join me at MAG 40 in Arkansas next May 2012. Jon Hodoway is a MAG instructor and he and I discussed it on one of my recent podcasts, Episode 143 – MAG 40 and IDPA World Shoot, by Jon Hodoway | Handgun World Show
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

I can't make a class in May as I'll be too darn busy at work. February is about as perfect as I'll ever get! And the wait is KILLING me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links