If you HAD to teach yourself..........

This is a discussion on If you HAD to teach yourself.......... within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bill MO One thing I would suggest is if you belong to a range or can find a range that will allow ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: If you HAD to teach yourself..........

August 19, 1970 - June 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    One thing I would suggest is if you belong to a range or can find a range that will allow others to come in and do classes host a Suarez class, other schools may do the same thing, but with Suarez Your training is free.
    Most trainers offer a free slot to the class host. In fact, I don't know of any who do not.

2. Remove Ads

If you can get a few people together for training sessions you can do very well on your own. It may be faster to be lead down a path as opposed to finding your own way but you can still get there just the same either way. DVDs and the info that is out there for the taking is enough to lead your training if you choose wisely.

another suggestion....If you trainer cannot teach someone to handle a thumb safety that should be a clue to move on to another training source.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    I've found Magpul's "The Art of the Dynamic Handgun" and Personal Defense Network's DVDs helpful.
    Check out pistol-forum.com also, some great info there on drills and training techniques.
    Practice often. If you can't get to a range, dryfire with snap-caps frequently.
    That gets a vote from me also. At my age and condition I'd hurt myself doing some of the drills they do, but tthe video is full of helpful tips and techniques.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Free Slots... and, often, the opportunity to make a few bucks...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links