Looking to start a training team. Need Help!

This is a discussion on Looking to start a training team. Need Help! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Ladies and Gents, I'm looking to start a training team out in the Denver, CO area. I'm specifically looking for former/active MIL/LEO and Certified ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 5thMarines

Thread: Looking to start a training team. Need Help!

Looking to start a training team. Need Help!

Hey Ladies and Gents, I'm looking to start a training team out in the Denver, CO area. I'm specifically looking for former/active MIL/LEO and Certified trainers. All skill sets are welcomed. If your interested and in the Denver Area PM
    ME and will see what we can work out.

Thanks A lot guys.
    "I'll see you in Valhalla, Brother." - Thanks to those who serve

2. Remove Ads

curious as to what your intentions are for this club?
    Hopyard likes this.

Just curious as why it must be mil/leo? even the Military and some LEO's bring in civilians to train them.
    Quote Originally Posted by markwcmu View Post
    Hey Ladies and Gents, I'm looking to start a training team out in the Denver, CO area. I'm specifically looking for former/active MIL/LEO and Certified trainers. All skill sets are welcomed. If your interested and in the Denver Area PM
    ME and will see what we can work out.

Thanks A lot guys.

I would be more apt to bring in civilians than LEO (unless they were range masters or SRT) , Surprisingly more civilians train than cops do, most agencies only require a small amount of actual training time , quarterly,semi annually and annually , the only cops who get more are range masters and SRT members!! You'd be surprised if you open up the training to civilians just who will show up , I know what your thinking though , cops and military you can probably trust , you need to get out of that , unless you know the cops you might be setting yourself up for a fall !

Quote Originally Posted by 5thMarines View Post
    I would be more apt to bring in civilians than LEO (unless they were range masters or SRT) , Surprisingly more civilians train than cops do, most agencies only require a small amount of actual training time , quarterly,semi annually and annually , the only cops who get more are range masters and SRT members!! You'd be surprised if you open up the training to civilians just who will show up , I know what your thinking though , cops and military you can probably trust , you need to get out of that , unless you know the cops you might be setting yourself up for a fall !
    At the end I wrote "Certified Trainers" which would encompass the folks who I believe you all are talking about. And on the topic of civilian being "better" then institutionalized trainers. You may be right, I'm sure there are civilians who know more then MIL/LEO trainers. But I really do believe you would be hard pressed to find the fundamentals of those instructors to not have been established in a law enforcement or military backgrounds. Typically when the military and law communities have civilians in, they were once in the units who they are training, and have been able to enhance there skill levels since being in the private sector. Usually called Subject Matter Experts. The guys who get huge government contracts with DOD/DOS/DOJ for exactly what your talking about. Just a few of those guys are listed below. Research and check some the forums to make your own conclusions.

Think of some of the best trainers in the world, Jeff Cooper, Lt.COL, USMC, Rich Wyatt, LEO, Jason Falla, Australian Naval and Air service, and everyone who knows Clint Smith of Thunderranch. USMC and LEO. For more validation, one of the best training firms in the world is Gunsite Academy out of AZ. Check out there website and take a look at the instructor BIOS. If your referring to civilians, you must mean (Not currently in active units or operators.)

Well not neccessarily , just having been trainers in LEO or mil doesnt make you any more or less better qualified to train? Granted the people you mentioned are awesome , with that said what is your goal? Is it that you want to start your own Gunsight academy ? Just get a bunk of like minded people together for kicks? train a bunch of your buds? Not sure what your looking for?

Whats more valuable to you intended program?... Experience? or training?

Would love to see a quality firearm training org in Denver (lots of travel involved to go to any quality "schools").

What type of firearm training are you putting together (I am presuming that it is firearm, not "How to get rich selling your friends soul")

Details would help.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Sticks, PM Sent. Thanks.

My intentions of this thread are to find some talented folks in the Denver area, who are interested to shooting, practicing, teaching and being in good company of similar minded people. I have just moved into the Metro area and am trying to find guys in the community who like the sport. I am an NRA Certified trainer, Military certified trainer and defensive tactics instructor. Please, if you have any questions, PM ME.

Thanks, Out.

Links