An Alarm Clock as a Training Tool?

This is a discussion on An Alarm Clock as a Training Tool? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife saw one of these (and I'd love to see it under the Christmas tree this year). She asked if it would be something ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: An Alarm Clock as a Training Tool?

An Alarm Clock as a Training Tool?

My wife saw one of these (and I'd love to see it under the Christmas tree this year). She asked if it would be something I'd like, and I immediately said "yeah!"

Now, instantly I thought of this as more than just an alarm clock in that it could help with becoming more trained with accuracy and awareness if you're suddenly waken from a deep sleep in the middle of the night.

I think if used properly, this could be a great training tool on top of a very neat alarm clock.

My thought is that I would keep the alarm clock's gun on top of my Gunvault so the general motion (minus entering the code) would be familiar.

Here's a video on what I'm talking about:

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Coolness! Although I'd be worried that I'd actually grab the 1911 and blow it off the table.

Yeah, a valid concern for some... however for myself, I have 3 little kids to my guns are safely locked away. It would take a mental effort to 'accidentally' grab the wrong gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Yeah, a valid concern for some... however for myself, I have 3 little kids to my guns are safely locked away. It would take a mental effort to 'accidentally' grab the wrong gun.
    Just keeding. If I thought I was that groggy when I woke up, I wouldn't have a gun anywhere near me. As it is, mine is locked in a gunvault by the bed.

Well, it is a good point though... for those who sleep with a gun in open sight (no kids, kids old enough, etc).

It would be funny if after all the training you did with it, someone breaks in and you grab the toy gun. In my mind its a no go.
    Hopyard likes this.

I would hope someone going for a gun would know the difference between a gun that is 4oz and one that is locked in a safe 10x the weight - if not, it's probably best to not have the real thing in hand at that moment.

I would hope someone going for a gun would know the difference between a gun that is 4oz and one that is locked in a safe 10x the weight - if not, it's probably best to not have the real thing in hand at that moment.
    Thunder, its all about consistency. If you come of a sleep and you have been practicing with your toy, then the chances of you grabbing that toy are great. Like I said in my mind its a no go. Remember its just my opinion.

I understand, but if you don't train at all - where does that leave you?

If it's about consistency, and you never do anything - you're going to do nothing until it's too late.

I understand, but if you don't train at all - where does that leave you?

If it's about consistency, and you never do anything - you're going to do nothing until it's too late.
    I didnt say not to train. If your going to train, do it right. Toys and other gimmicks will cause training scars.
    bbqgrill likes this.

Links