condor backpacks?

This is a discussion on condor backpacks? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone used this brand. I just purchased the 3 day bag Condor Outdoor I 3-Day Assault Pack and after taking it on a trip ...

Thread: condor backpacks?

condor backpacks?

Has anyone used this brand. I just purchased the 3 day bag

Condor Outdoor I 3-Day Assault Pack

and after taking it on a trip , I find the shoulder straps not to be to my liking. It is very hard to determine how the pack feels in the store, so I took it on a 2 day business trip to see how it would feel with some load, but still hard to determine how it will really feel loaded up.

Also was curious as to how this brand stacks up.

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I have one of their older model 3 day packs that I absolutely love. I bought it in 2007 for working overseas and it is still going strong now. It is very comfy and holds quite a bit of gear. I use it when I travel for work with some smaller modular storage packs to keep everything neat and organized. It has certainly taken some abuse with travel and shows almost no signs of it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another from them in the future.

For what you pay for their stuff, it's really hard to beat. As an alternative to Maxpedition, Blackhawk and such you're gonna get decent quality at a value price.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I just ordered the medium assault pack for my daily carry bag. Should be here next week. I'll chime in then. :)

just got a big "slingbag"......er... I mean santa did

Administrator
    It depends on what you don't like about the shoulder straps. If there is something that doesn't feel right for you now you're probably really not going to like it after humping for two full days fully loaded.

You can get a Maxpedition Condor II on Ebay for $110.00 & free shipping & the harness system is great on that pak.

condor 2 is too small. I would need the vulture 2.

The issue with the condor brand backpack on the shoulder strap is that they have about 1.5" webbing from the top of the pack to the shoulder strap, which lengthens the strap by that amount. on the maxpedition (and other high quality backpacks), they have a 'cinch up' strap on this webbing to tighten it up. If I had 75 lbs in the pack I wouldn't need it. However with a light load, at least for my body, I do. Maybe I need to look at the condor urban to go bag...

Administrator
    The Vulture II - That is what I'm using (& I like it) I paid $126.00 & Free Shipping from this Ebay seller (link below).
    I'm not sure how the price I paid compares with other sellers on the web but, I needed one ASAP & was not really willing or able to spend tons of time shopping around to save a few bucks.
    NOTE: that It arrived kinda "compacted" to help expedite the free shipping but, it suffered no lasting or ill effects.

Maxpedition 514K VULTURE II Backpack KHAKI *NEW* | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    condor 2 is too small. I would need the vulture 2.

The issue with the condor brand backpack on the shoulder strap is that they have about 1.5" webbing from the top of the pack to the shoulder strap, which lengthens the strap by that amount. on the maxpedition (and other high quality backpacks), they have a 'cinch up' strap on this webbing to tighten it up. If I had 75 lbs in the pack I wouldn't need it. However with a light load, at least for my body, I do. Maybe I need to look at the condor urban to go bag...
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I have the Condor Compact Modular pack. I have it stuffed full of all sorts of 'emergency' supplies and I toss it in whatever vehicle I happen to be using. I can't really speak to the carrying comfort since I don't really carry it, but it has been tossed around and used for a while and it's stood up well so far. I'd agree with Bark'n, it's a good value for the money spent.

126-Compact Modular Style Assult Pack

That's the bag I have.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I have a Condor 3 day assault pack that has gone with me to Iraq twice and Afghanistan 3 times. Great pack for carrying all your cool guy stuff with. Just don't carry any explosives in it and expect to get through airport security down the line with it. Took mine through the air port after Iraq trip #1 and the machine went off and tested positive for military grade explosives. Looked at the security guy and said that makes since I carried it in Iraq.

IME Maxpediton pack are good for edc,tough ect. But for true Hiking ,camp no. I like Kifru, Mystery Ranch or pack you find at Rei if you good suspension.

Had mine for three years in Iraq...constantly getting tossed on and off Blackhawks and MRAP's...still looks almost new. Now it's my range bag.
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Links