Got my instructor certs the other day.

This is a discussion on Got my instructor certs the other day. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on getting your Instructor credentials. Never forget from whence you came! Although you call yourself an Instructor, you are also a Salesman. As ISR ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got my instructor certs the other day.

Congrats on getting your Instructor credentials. Never forget from whence you came! Although you call yourself an Instructor, you are also a Salesman. As ISR MATRIX said, know your audience, know your product, let your passion show to the extent your audience becomes "involved" in your presentation. Lastly, don't stop your own training simply because you choose to present classes at the basic level. Seek out and take other Instructor courses, that may not necessarily equate to basic level instruction, but will give you not only an opportunity to improve/expand upon your past training and experience, but will also allow you to experience other "Instructor personalities and presentations". Never stop learning yourself and you will maintain a passion for teaching those that have a desire to learn. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Congratulations to all of you young people who are doing a great job of picking up the mantle us oldsters are passing on.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Congrats on getting your Instructor credentials. Never forget from whence you came! Although you call yourself an Instructor, you are also a Salesman. As ISR MATRIX said, know your audience, know your product, let your passion show to the extent your audience becomes "involved" in your presentation. Lastly, don't stop your own training simply because you choose to present classes at the basic level. Seek out and take other Instructor courses, that may not necessarily equate to basic level instruction, but will give you not only an opportunity to improve/expand upon your past training and experience, but will also allow you to experience other "Instructor personalities and presentations". Never stop learning yourself and you will maintain a passion for teaching those that have a desire to learn. JMO
    One of the reasons I am starting to do this is that my proceeds are going to fund my firearms related items (hopefully). And getting myself more training is high on the list of things for that. I am hoping for at least one course a year now that I am a civilian. My training funds for this year went to the instructor courses, with the hope that that investment will have a return rate that allows me to seek more training for myself.

Congratulations to all of you young people who are doing a great job of picking up the mantle us oldsters are passing on.
    If we don't carry it on, the right to bear arms and culture and tradition of gun ownership in America could fade away, and that is not something I want.

Thanks for the Input Exsoldier. I am definitely making sure I have everything on the business/legal side set up before I do any instructing.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

GM
    Very well done . Congratulations
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Congratulations and good luck!

Don't forget to cover yourself by getting the $1M liability policy thru NRA (or other). Cost is $315/year.

I learned that none of the guns that I owned were considered appropriate by NRA to teach BP. Cost me a few $K to add training appropriate guns to my collection. NOTE: In MA, nobody can own/possess a firearm or even a spent cartridge case w/o a license, so we have to supply everything to the students.
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks for your service. I hope you will be a positive influnce and help spread the safe use of fireams.

Semper Fi

Thanks everyone. I am definitely getting the liability insurance through the NRA, as I want some protection in case someone does something really dumb.
    QKShooter likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Congrats buckeye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links