Self Defense Training In Texas?

This is a discussion on Self Defense Training In Texas? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Self Defense Class? I'm looking for a self defense class in the Austin area that teaches real life close quarters scenario training. Something that helps ...

Thread: Self Defense Training In Texas?

Self Defense Class?
    I'm looking for a self defense class in the Austin area that teaches real life close quarters scenario training. Something that helps when you don't have your gun, can't get to it immediately, or gives you time to draw your gun. Any recommendations out there?

What Style of Martial Arts?
    I'm also thinking it would be good to start taking ongoing martial arts classes. I'm thinking something that doesn't take a life time to learn and is practical in street fighting/close quarters. Most fights seem to involve grappling, so something that teaches that seems like a smart choice. I'm not interested in looking pretty or being able to do the splits. I'm interested in protecting my family and being able to walk away from a bad situation (hopefully without needing to go to the hospital)

Look into the Fit and Fearless school. They teach Krav Maga, as well as BJJ. It can get expensive, but they certainly cover what you're looking for. I've been training there for 6 years.

Another option might be the Austin Systema school. I've never trained there, but I've always been interested in the style.

Sponsored Links