Range mishap has me rethinking BUG. Your thoughts?

This is a discussion on Range mishap has me rethinking BUG. Your thoughts? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't worry so much.. One gun is good enough for me....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Range mishap has me rethinking BUG. Your thoughts?

Don't worry so much.. One gun is good enough for me.

2. Remove Ads

My opinion is that it was crappy range brass. With quality factory loaded ammo I doubt this would ever happen. But if you feel better carrying a BUG, then by all means go right ahead. It's never a bad thing to have a fall back plan.
    orangevol likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Probably the same percentage that exaggerate how many rounds they put down range a week and how often they really practice real world scenarios
    And how many times they actually got laid as teenagers....
    Secret Spuk likes this.

I never go to the range without having a carry gun on me (one not being fired that day).
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I often wonder how many guys who say they carry a second gun at all times really do.
    Can't speak for others, but with a Ruger LCP as the back-up, it's so small and lightweight it's almost invisible. Certainly not a hassle at all to carry in either a front or back pocket. You literally don't even know it's there.
    10thmtn likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks everyone for their feedback.

-john

I think that a bug especially a small one is a great choice. I've been carrying my p3at as a bug for over a year now and its easy and light. Seldom do I carry two larger guns but no matter which gun is on my hip the 380 pretty much stays in the weak side pocket. As was said above I can't speak to anyone else's carry but I would say in the last year there have been less than 5 days I haven't had it in my pocket and probably of those other 360 days less than 5 that I carried just the pocket gun without a larger gun/caliber.

As long as it's comfortable its just easy to do.

Take care!

Luke

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

VIP Member
    Do what makes you comfortable.

To some extent, I play the odds. Odds are I will never need my j-frame, which is my only carry. Yes, you are in a better position if you have a BUG (and my j-frame is a common BUG for others). But considering that the events of 1) a gun jam and 2) a need to use my weapon are mutually independent events, the odds of my revolver locking up when I need it are minute.

By the way, don't worry too much about range loads v. factory loads. I've had range loads split on me. Remember, range loads are, well, for the range.

Finally, with my wallet, cell phone, speed strips, keys, pocket change and IWB, I think I'd get a constipated feeling if I carried another gun.

Best,
    PEF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links