Empty Chamber?

Empty Chamber?

This is a discussion on Empty Chamber? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone train and teach C3, Empty Chamber (Israeli Style)? How common is it in our community?...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 5 Post By JD

Thread: Empty Chamber?

Empty Chamber?

Does anyone train and teach C3, Empty Chamber (Israeli Style)? How common is it in our community?
    www.isrmatrix.org

Hick's Law + Murphy's Law = Streamlined Problem Solving

In my CCDW class in KY., the instructor carried this way, with no holster. Since my class I have attended many tactical and advanced CCDW classes and also become a instructor myself. I will never advise anyone to carry unchamberd or without a holster. You give up to much with no benefit carrying this way. Buy a good holster, carry chambered.

My CCW class in WV advised against it. Carry a ready gun in a good holster. If you ever need it, you're going to need it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    In my CCDW class in KY., the instructor carried this way, with no holster. Since my class I have attended many tactical and advanced CCDW classes and also become a instructor myself. I will never advise anyone to carry unchamberd or without a holster. You give up to much with no benefit carrying this way. Buy a good holster, carry chambered.

What this gent said....

I can see absolutely no tactical advantage to the "empty chamber", but I can see how it could end up getting someone killed, or badly injured. JMO, but a unloaded gun is nothing more than a heavy blunt object and worth about the same.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    Racking a slide to use your gun for self defense is good for TV drama, but not much else. Carry with a round chambered in a holster.

GM
    Why would you want to carry unchambered? I do not know of those classes exist or not, but if they do, instead of spending your money on one of them spend it on a good firearms training class. Personally, I don't know anybody who carries with an empty chamber, and there are only very few people in this forum who recommend doing it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by ISR MATRIX View Post
    Does anyone train and teach C3, Empty Chamber (Israeli Style)? How common is it in our community?
    I've never been taught to carry with an empty chamber. I carry daily and everything is fully loaded but they're also all carried in holsters that cover the trigger.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Not sure where he asked for advice on how to carry, but he sure is getting it.

I do not know of any places around me that train this method.

Side note:
    This method is very fast, and I personally used a variation of it for about 4 months and if you train that way it's quite a natural draw presentation. The problem in my mind isn't speed (that can be argued all day long), it's the greater risk of failure to feed or other malfunction.

One in the pipe

Of course it is quicker to carry one in the chamber. I carry a Glock--no thumb safety to remember. If you always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, and a good holster with the trigger guard covered, then it is perfectly safe to carry. The bad guy will be so quick that he will not give you time to rack a slide.

Quote Originally Posted by ISR MATRIX View Post
    I'd say rare to non existent. I have seen the Israeli style presentation demonstrated by a guy who made it look smooth and fast. I wouldn't consider carrying that way unless required by law but I would not presume to critique the Israelis on how they do business.

In a SD situation chances are your fine motor skills are gonna be gone,you may be breaking out in a cold sweat clammy hands,and now your thinking I gotta draw, rack the slide,get sights on target,squeeze trigger,as you grab the slide to pull rearward your clammy hand slips off and you just jammed your gun,the BG is now blowing holes through you while your trying to clear your gun,the Cops find you dead in a pool of blood with a jammed gun.RIP
    WHEC724 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links