Good read and info on what to do "IF"

This is a discussion on Good read and info on what to do "IF" within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a link to another gun website on what to do if confronted by a armed BG. Kind of long but some good general ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bill MO

Thread: Good read and info on what to do "IF"

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Here is a link to another gun website on what to do if confronted by a armed BG. Kind of long but some good general info.

Street robberies and you - The Basics - AR15.COM
    shockwave and danfive555 like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Mostly good advice. Especially his views on the the BG mentality and utter disregard for morality.

Moral of his story, don't be afraid or wait to long to act in self defense.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Interesting article, but I do disagree with some of his thinking...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

good information to consider on this. worth thinking about at the very least.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Good post; a friend just sent that to me yesterday. I also saw the follow-up from "blitz308" mentioned in the post, who survived three point-blank shots from a .38 in an armed robbery but managed to nearly take his assailant's arm off with a .45 fired in spite of direct hits to both his hands.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Good read. Spot on imo.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

VIP Member
    The last few sentences are pretty much what sums up the decision to protect oneself and his family;

From article;
    But be advised no matter where you are a hold man is going to be about the same. Whether he is a home boy or a guy who just exited the interstate into your town and needs some quick money. He is going to have a vicious streak and no regard for your life. Treat him like he treats you.

Giving them the money, doing what they say, all that may work but there is no guarantee. If you have never read Jeff Cooper's book The Principles of Personal Defense I suggest you order a copy immediately. It is a short book but summarizes a lot of important things.

Last year we had a trial here regarding an armed robbery that occurred. Three or four guys took a young couple from a parking garage near a college out by some railroad tracks where they raped, shot, and beat them. Their lives will never be the same.

The lesser thugs all turned on the trigger man at trial. The trigger man's statement in the paper was after all that had happened he felt like he was a victim. Think about that. That is the mindset you are up against.

The ONLY thing I disagree with him is where he states:
    Quote;
    Then you can just put your gun back in the holster and go back to whatever you were doing like nothing happened. Why? Because nothing did happen. A happening is when shots are fired

I would be inclined to report to the authorities what went down, not based solely on,"whoever calls first is the victim mentality", but because the police will want to know what/where/how many/what time etc, etc..........

Great read, and very thought provoking.
    I think it summarizes what many of us, who have decided to arm up already thought all along.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Certainly a thought provoking and no nonsense piece. Regardless if I agree or not with his beliefs it caused me to think about my mindset. Simply carrying a gun does not protect me. My gun is just an inanimate tool. It all begins with my beliefs…my mindset and reading this was an affirmation.
    Last edited by Olduser; February 12th, 2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: sp

The ONLY thing I disagree with him is where he states:
    Quote;
    Then you can just put your gun back in the holster and go back to whatever you were doing like nothing happened. Why? Because nothing did happen. A happening is when shots are fired
    Here's the flip side of that argument: When I took CJ 101, my professor said: "Avoid all contact with law enforcement when you can. Do not get involved in the criminal justice system if you can avoid it. Once you are pulled into to the gears of the system, getting out can be very, very hard."

In other words, calling the cops because you drew your weapon may be the 'right' thing to do, but if there's no need to do it, then maybe it's better to not do it. Because the cops who show up to take your statement might be in a bad mood. They might be bad cops. They might just decide they don't like your face. And then you're in the system.

Usually, that won't be the case. But it's a risk you have to think about.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Good info there.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links