Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb! - Page 4

Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb!

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We only have a TV for watching DVDs so I've never seen the show. I'm still capable of correctly voting that it was poor weapons ...

View Poll Results: Did Tims Ralsons gun "malfunction" causing a bullet to shred his thumb?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the gun manfunctioned and went off by itself.

    6 4.55%
  • No, Poor weapons handling, He pulled the trigger and shot his thumb.

    126 95.45%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 107
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb!

  1. #46
    Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,098
    We only have a TV for watching DVDs so I've never seen the show. I'm still capable of correctly voting that it was poor weapons handling.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893


  2. #47
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,882
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I don't know what your beef is with GOA, I would like to hear your stance.

    As for your theory, I suppose the Brady Campaign supporting the show because it parrots their flawed statistics and motives would still make you rabidly defend it right? We all know the Brady campaigning is fair and balanced

    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Books and Movies



    Gotta hate those GOA people for defending that....



    Touche again my friend.
    Lighten up Francis. I don't support the Brady Bunch, how you brought that in I don't know. I don't take one review from any source about anything and post it as gospel. God gave me a brain so I can think for myself. I said I would like to see the show before 1:passing judgment on that one show and 2: if it is a pattern with NGC to televise anti-gun shows. Which was your original contention to begin with. Just wondering, did you sign the letter at the bottom of the GOA article and send it to you COngresman without seeing the show? You seem brighter than that, I mean that.
    As far as GOA and the UN, you decide:
    G.O.A. email regarding United Nations Arms

    Oh, I found a clip from the show and it seemed OK t me. Only about 4 minutes worth.

  3. #48
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Lighten up Francis. I don't support the Brady Bunch, how you brought that in I don't know. I don't take one review from any source about anything and post it as gospel. God gave me a brain so I can think for myself. I said I would like to see the show before 1:passing judgment on that one show and 2: if it is a pattern with NGC to televise anti-gun shows. Which was your original contention to begin with. Just wondering, did you sign the letter at the bottom of the GOA article and send it to you COngresman without seeing the show? You seem brighter than that, I mean that.
    As far as GOA and the UN, you decide:
    G.O.A. email regarding United Nations Arms

    Oh, I found a clip from the show and it seemed OK to me. Only about 4 minutes worth.
    I brought the Brady bunch on board because they fully support and recommend the show due to the fact that it panders to their guns are bad statistics ( which are incorrect I might add). I watched it. I know you didn't or even click the Brady link or you would know why I brought them into it. Now I have to take the time to yet again explain simple facts to you because you seem incapable of gathering them yourself and just want to argue for the sake of argument.

    the show seems OK to you ,and OK to the Brady bunch. Win win right?

    Seems the NRA is onboard with your argument as to why you don't like the GOA too.

    NRA Takes on the United Nations

    Forbes....

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...rs-up-in-arms/

    Even elected officials of both parties are onboard with this

    Democrats Oppose Obama-U.N. Gun Control Treaty - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

    So again I stand 100% behind my statement that NGEO panders to anti-firearm programming.

    You still haven't told me why you don't personally like the GOA.... glossing over facts in the sake of argument again. Or are you just mad because I didn't agree with you in another thread, presented my argument with facts, and and now following me around intent on arguing every point I make?

  4. #49
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,882
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I brought the Brady bunch on board because they fully support and recommend the show due to the fact that it panders to their guns are bad statistics ( which are incorrect I might add). I watched it. I know you didn't or even click the Brady link or you would know why I brought them into it. Now I have to take the time to yet again explain simple facts to you because you seem incapable of gathering them yourself and just want to argue for the sake of argument.

    the show seems OK to you ,and OK to the Brady bunch. Win win right?

    Seems the NRA is onboard with your argument as to why you don't like the GOA too.

    NRA Takes on the United Nations

    Forbes....

    U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Forbes

    Even elected officials of both parties are onboard with this

    Democrats Oppose Obama-U.N. Gun Control Treaty - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

    So again I stand 100% behind my statement that NGEO panders to anti-firearm programming.

    You still haven't told me why you don't personally like the GOA.... glossing over facts in the sake of argument again. Or are you just mad because I didn't agree with you in another thread, presented my argument with facts, and and now following me around intent on arguing every point I make?
    What part of "I only saw 4 minutes" did you not get? I want to see the show in its entirety before I make a judgment. As far as the NRA I disagree with their fear mongering tactics also if that makes you feel better. I don't like organizations that peddle on fear and ignorance. The wording of GOA in that email is to generate fear. If you like them I don't care. They do good things.
    So, do you agree with what they both say about the UN treaty? Or you just felt like googling to show that the NRA is the same as GOA on it? Either way don't matter to me.

    As far as the other thread, you made some good points. I just disagree with ya. All I saw was your premise the jury would be told he saw public service announcements about BG's dressed as cops and of course the related articles. Not one of which had a situation similar to the one Mr. Thomas was in. Public Service announcement was for traffic stops dated 8 years before. All your "supporting articles" were after the incident. I am sure there were many before, but as a defense attorney I would think you would research better.

    You can think what ya want and google the heck out of things.
    To summarize: All you showed me is that other folks like to fear monger. Is there truth in certain things? Yup. But hyped up with fear, might as well watch FOX

  5. #50
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    I responded to your UN treaty vs. Constitutional law post in the other thread as best as I could. A UN treaty could very well affect us here regardless of the 2d amendment.

  6. #51
    Senior Member Array Mattmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ar
    Posts
    1,012
    Ladies, ladies....... can't we all just get along??

  7. #52
    Senior Member Array mano3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    999
    Even my kids (10 and 12) know better! "Dad, nothing goes in front of the barell except a target or BG."
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

  8. #53
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Ladies, ladies....... can't we all just get along??
    You just made the list, buddy.


  9. #54
    VIP Member Array sixgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    indiana usa
    Posts
    2,563
    Oh the posts are to funny I cant stop laughing. Oooops I laughed again while chugging my beer and sloshed some out me nose. lolololololol

  10. #55
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,977
    With the incomplete information I had I voted for poor weapons handling. Now knowing that there is an experimental weapon involved I am not so sure. I was operating under the assumption that Tim must have had his thumb in front of the muzzle. Without knowing the particulars of the weapon involved I can't rule out the possibility that it was something other than the obvious.

    Tim, I hope your recovery is coming along ok, and when you have a chance I would like to hear a bit more about what actually happened. Was it actually the bullet that hit your thumb or was it something else?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  11. #56
    Member Array gen3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pollock Flat, Mississippi
    Posts
    174
    All I have seen is the video, and not the entire episode. Was it made clear or even pointed out on the show that the gun in question was experimental? Or was it left to the viewer to believe the gun was a properly functional production gun? This makes a world of difference as to what perception natgeo would wish to present, to me at least.
    Last edited by gen3; February 16th, 2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member since last week.

  12. #57
    Sponsor
    Array SHTFGearLLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3 View Post
    All I have seen is the video, and not the entire episode. Was it made clear or even pointed out on the show that the gun in question was experimental? Or was it left to the viewer to believe the gun was a properly functional production gun? This makes a world of difference as to what perception natgeo would wish to present, to me at least.


    From what I remember they did not imply that the gun was experimental. Thats based just on my recollection though. I know I walked away thinking that the weapon was a fully functional production weapon.

  13. #58
    Senior Member Array AZ Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Valley of the Sun, AZ
    Posts
    1,018
    There should be a third option here: "There is not enough information to make an informed decision."

    That being said, Ralston admitted to "putting his thumb in front of the barrel" during some type of malfunction.

    My best guess is that the chambered round hang fired, although why he would stick his thumb in front of the muzzle is beyond me.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

    “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

  14. #59
    VIP Member
    Array ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Posts
    2,351
    Quote Originally Posted by timralston View Post

    Since I was there on the scene and reloading the new weapon system...I can dispel your poll. While I can't disclose what happened "yet", you will find you all were incorrect. I follow proper procedures and strict safety guidelines. Guys...accidents happen and it just so happens after 39 years of no accidents...Murphey's law occured.
    Tim
    We will need a thumb print to confirm your identity. You do have a thumb print, don't you? Oh, well stupid hurts.

  15. #60
    Member Array rabbit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    183
    He is lucky that EMS was there with national geographic.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

doomsday prepper shoots himself

,
doomsday prepper shoots off thumb
,

doomsday prepper shoots thumb

,
doomsday preppers accident
,

doomsday preppers gun accident

,

doomsday preppers shoots thumb

,

doomsday preppers thumb

,

prepper shoots thumb

,
tim ralston
,
tim ralston doomsday
,

tim ralston doomsday preppers

,

tim ralston thumb

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors