Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb! - Page 8

Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb!

This is a discussion on Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rwponline Regardless of what really happened, it's a good reminder that first aid is one way to be 'prepared.' Awhile back I ...

View Poll Results: Did Tims Ralsons gun "malfunction" causing a bullet to shred his thumb?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the gun manfunctioned and went off by itself.

6 4.55%
  • No, Poor weapons handling, He pulled the trigger and shot his thumb.

126 95.45%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Doomsday Preppers, Tim Ralston shoots his thumb!

Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    Regardless of what really happened, it's a good reminder that first aid is one way to be 'prepared.'

Awhile back I took the time to build first aid trauma kits (including Quikclot) for my range bag, my travel bag, and for all the vehicles. That Quikclot is really amazing stuff (just check out some of the army test videos on live pigs).

You just never know when you, or the person standing next to you might have an 'incident,' negligent or not. Just go to any indoor range and look at all the stray bullet holes on the benches, ceiling, target holders, etc...

Quickclot powder has fallen out of favor in the military due to it's exothermic properties and emboli potential.

The folks who make Quickclot (the company) however, now make a product called 'Combat Gauze' which is the stuff DoD is buying and pushing out to IFAKs (some outfits using 'Celox')

R.

Usually its bystanders who administer corporal punishment for bone headed weapon discipline. I missed this episode. Did the expert evaluation suggest he gets some weapons training before passing on bad habits to his kids?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sponsored Links