Looking for a CCW class in Denver

This is a discussion on Looking for a CCW class in Denver within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone recommend a good CCW class in the Denver Metro area? I'm going to be taking the class soon and hoping someone can recommend ...

Thread: Looking for a CCW class in Denver

Looking for a CCW class in Denver

Can anyone recommend a good CCW class in the Denver Metro area? I'm going to be taking the class soon and hoping someone can recommend a good instructor/location/class for me. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I just too mine at the tanner, it was decent only 2 hours. If your looking for something quick to meet the requirements I would recommend it. If you are looking for a more in depth class that covers more than just the bare bones basics I would keep looking.
    http://http://www.equip2conceal.com/...es/co-calendar

I am an NRA instructor in Denver area. PM me for info.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

PM sent
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

Thank you Tomtsr, you'll definitely be hearing from me.

Very Important: pick someone with more class offerings than CCW (advanced classes, long guns, etc). Perhaps not now, but you WILL be interested in more and/or refreshers down the road. The tanner show classes seemed a little to "mass produced" for my taste

I started with PG Firearms. Paul is a P.O.S.T instructor so you are getting Police grade training and advice.

Only things I did not care for is:
    1. Heavy one-size-fits-all Glock talk throughout class
    2. I have been asking him to schedule the advanced class for almost a year. Though his site says otherwise, he seems to be focused more on cashing in on the CCW market now with Living Social deals. I was also surprised to see see a few nasty reviews after I took the class.

PG Firearms Site

Currently I would highly recommend CSS in Greenlee. Heck of a drive out there, but 150% worth it. I've had few people I know take his class, and it's amazing. He prides himself on far exceeding the CCW requirements by a long shot. Shooting in different positions, wresteling with you to get your heart rate up to simulate stress shooting, safety tactics, and more. Plus his advanced classes look awesome... cheap refresher course (worth taking every 1~2 years), advanced pistol, tactical rifle, car shooting, low light shooting, combat medic style class, etc (can't wait to try them all). I can't say much about his in stock gun prices and ammo, but his classes look incredible and I'm trying to get some of my buddies to sign up with me.

CSS Site

Links