Work on fundamentals and speed will come!

This is a discussion on Work on fundamentals and speed will come! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few weeks ago, I posted the following video of our student, Visu along with the comment below: "Visu had never used trigger reset or ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PhoenixTS

Thread: Work on fundamentals and speed will come!

A few weeks ago, I posted the following video of our student, Visu along with the comment below:

"Visu had never used trigger reset or shot on the move. He also fine tuned his draw and the use of sights. The above video was taken towards the conclusion of the (4 hour) class. Visu's movement is smooth and his accuracy is pin point. As time passes and if Visu continues training, his speed will inevitably improve. Visu is shooting a Glock 19. We look forward to future sessions with Visu. GREAT SHOOTING!"

We had the pleasure of working with Visu again approximately 1 week after the above video was shot.

Here's the video of Visu's 2nd 4 hour session with us (which he sent to us from Thailand as we had recorded it on his camcorder):

As can be seen, Visu's speed has increased quite a lot and his accuracy is consistent with the first (slower pace) video. If the fundamentals are sound, speed will inevitably materialize. The credit goes to Visu for coming to us with an open mind, working hard and being patient. The shots from cover and through the barrier need some fine tuning as he was crowding the barrier/cover etc. We are extremely pleased with his progress.

Unfortunately, Visu had to return to Thailand the following day. We hope to work with Visu again in the very near future.
    357and40 likes this.

the fundamental concept behind the best shooters in the competitive practical pistol sports - always work on achieving perfect technique & accuracy & the speed will follow with continued training

Very true. Unfortunately, impatience gets the best of many.

Video links seem to be bad on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Video links seem to be bad on my end.
    No idea why the links are corrupted. I can edit my last post but not my first one. WHy is that?

1st video: "Phoenix Tactical Solutions" Handgun Assault Course - Visu - YouTube

2nd video: Phoenix Tactical Solutions - Handgun Assault Course 2 - Visu - YouTube

Administrator
    There is a set time limit on when a member can go back and edit or delete a post.

That prevents an immature member from getting all POed (for one reason or another) and then going back into their previous posts and threads and deleting or editing out all of their past posts and comments right before they gather up all of their toys...drop off the forum and run home to dry their tears on Mommys apron.

Which seriously disrupts the continuity of threads or will leave a running/active thread without an original post.

I moved your good links up into your original post.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    There is a set time limit on when a member can go back and edit or delete a post.

That prevents an immature member from getting all POed (for one reason or another) and then going back into their previous posts and threads and deleting or editing out all of their past posts and comments right before they gather up all of their toys...drop off the forum and run home to dry their tears on Mommys apron.

Which seriously disrupts the continuity of threads or will leave a running/active thread without an original post.

I moved your good links up into your original post.
    Thank you!!!!

Sponsored Links