Defensive Carry banner

LaserLyte Training Target

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Sher Khan 
#1 ·
LaserLyte has a new trainer out that looks pretty impressive. Has anyone tried it? If so, I would be interested in your thoughts on it. The target can be found here –
LaserLyte — LTS Target

And the weapon insert can be found at either:
LaserLyte — LTS Pro need a 2” barrel (min)
LaserLyte — LTS Universal need a 3” barrel (min)

I appreciate any input y’all may have.

#3 ·
the laserlyte pro works well by itself but the problem with them is they have no on/off switch so you have to unscrew them and add a piece of plastic or take a battery out. all that screwing and unscrewing on a aluminum housing eat the fine threads up and strips them over a short amount of time renders them worthless... save your money

#4 ·
I use the LaserlytePro target and the .45 & 9mm laser bullets on a regular basis. I have had no complaints about how long the batteries last in either the target or the bullet. The only time the bullet is on is when the firing pin hits it, I have shot thousands of times over the last 6 mos that I have had the system and am still on the original batteries. It is a great way to dry fire practice. I also put a spent cartridge on my slide when practicing sitting stationary, good way to accomplish a couple things, target and gun control. You can also use the target for draw practices, and of course you can set it at different distances. I would buy their setup again, have recommended it to several people who also really like using it. I bought my stuff from Amazon, considerable price break from the mfrs pricing.

#5 ·
I just got the LaserLyte .380 training cartridge, and I am very pleased with it. My wife and I use it for practice with our Bersa .380 CCs. I can also use it in my Ruger LCP, but it requires a bit more manipulation since the LCP doesn't have a trigger re-set and I have to jack the slide after each shot, or re-cock the hammer. I like these cartridges so much I am planning to get some in different calibers when the budget allows. It seems to me that if you have the cartridges you don't have as much need for the target -- just point and "flash" at any convenient potential target on the wall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.