Colt Officer versus Glock 17

This is a discussion on Colt Officer versus Glock 17 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having fun at the range... Colt Officer versus Glock 17 - YouTube 230 Grain WWB vs. 115 Grain 9mm Colt Officer enhancements: EGW Melt Bushing, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot

Thread: Colt Officer versus Glock 17

Having fun at the range...

Colt Officer versus Glock 17 - YouTube

230 Grain WWB vs. 115 Grain 9mm

Colt Officer enhancements: EGW Melt Bushing, Reverse Plug, Front Strap Checkering, Nowlin Trigger, Metal MSH (checkered), Sharp Edges Melted, Trijicon Night Sights (work done by Jim Hoag)

Glock 17 enhancements: Trijicon Night Sights, 3.5# Connector

Nice shooting.

The reason I went with Glocks is that I shoot them as well as my 1911's and revolvers, they just hold more ammo. The gun games are fun, I shoot IDPA regularly but handicapping a hicap so a 1911 can still be competitive is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Nice shooting.

The reason I went with Glocks is that I shoot them as well as my 1911's and revolvers, they just hold more ammo. The gun games are fun, I shoot IDPA regularly but handicapping a hicap so a 1911 can still be competitive is funny.
    Manipulating the safety certainly slows me down when compared to a Glock. Also, shooting fast with an Officer size 1911 can be a bit rough on the hands especially when drawing (if you have larger hands). It's also much easier and faster to do malfunction drills and emergency/tactical reloads with a Glock. Glocks are much more user friendly and reliable IMHO. Having said all that, I still love my Colt Officer and really want a T3!

Nice drill! My EDC G19...I echo your comments on the Glock..
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I was shooting one of the Border Patrol 45's (The Les Baer FBI HRT Guns) for several years when I realized I was shooting my Kimber Pro just as well. Then I was seduced by the dark side and realized that I shoot my Glocks (23,27, 30SF) better yet.

I believe that handguns are ultimately personal weapons and everybody shoots different guns and configurations differently. The hand gun should be customized to the person using it.

I bought an OM as soon as they hit the distributors in 1984. I loved the gun and shot it great, but I could never get it 100% reliable so I stuck with my 357 Magnums for another 2 decades.

VIP Member
    Good performance from both pistols, with the OM having a slight edge with all the work.
    It shows that in the 3-6 seconds that something is going to go down, as long as you have a weapon that is reliable,you know how to use it, and have the right ammo and the proper mindset to adapt, it doesn't matter what you have available.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Redistribution of ammo:)

The difference? The colt guy was out in the real world, the glock guy had 9 or 10 more. It really doesn't matter how long it took for the bullets to come out, as long as they keep coming. Nice shooting though

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    The difference? The colt guy was out in the real world, the glock guy had 9 or 10 more. It really doesn't matter how long it took for the bullets to come out, as long as they keep coming. Nice shooting though
    True...thanks.

Links