Defensive Carry banner

Colt Officer versus Glock 17

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  PhoenixTS 
#1 ·
Having fun at the range...

Colt Officer versus Glock 17 - YouTube

230 Grain WWB vs. 115 Grain 9mm

Colt Officer enhancements: EGW Melt Bushing, Reverse Plug, Front Strap Checkering, Nowlin Trigger, Metal MSH (checkered), Sharp Edges Melted, Trijicon Night Sights (work done by Jim Hoag)

Glock 17 enhancements: Trijicon Night Sights, 3.5# Connector

#2 ·
Nice shooting.

The reason I went with Glocks is that I shoot them as well as my 1911's and revolvers, they just hold more ammo. The gun games are fun, I shoot IDPA regularly but handicapping a hicap so a 1911 can still be competitive is funny.

#3 ·
Manipulating the safety certainly slows me down when compared to a Glock. Also, shooting fast with an Officer size 1911 can be a bit rough on the hands especially when drawing (if you have larger hands). It's also much easier and faster to do malfunction drills and emergency/tactical reloads with a Glock. Glocks are much more user friendly and reliable IMHO. Having said all that, I still love my Colt Officer and really want a T3!

#4 ·
Nice drill! My EDC G19...I echo your comments on the Glock..

#5 ·
I was shooting one of the Border Patrol 45's (The Les Baer FBI HRT Guns) for several years when I realized I was shooting my Kimber Pro just as well. Then I was seduced by the dark side and realized that I shoot my Glocks (23,27, 30SF) better yet.

I believe that handguns are ultimately personal weapons and everybody shoots different guns and configurations differently. The hand gun should be customized to the person using it.

I bought an OM as soon as they hit the distributors in 1984. I loved the gun and shot it great, but I could never get it 100% reliable so I stuck with my 357 Magnums for another 2 decades.

#6 ·
Good performance from both pistols, with the OM having a slight edge with all the work.
It shows that in the 3-6 seconds that something is going to go down, as long as you have a weapon that is reliable,you know how to use it, and have the right ammo and the proper mindset to adapt, it doesn't matter what you have available.

Reactions: Bad Bob
#8 ·
The difference? The colt guy was out in the real world, the glock guy had 9 or 10 more. It really doesn't matter how long it took for the bullets to come out, as long as they keep coming. Nice shooting though :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.