Rentention Position........Question.

This is a discussion on Rentention Position........Question. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Coming from an LEO perspective, it's not a retention position. It's a semi "covert" position some officers use when approaching a suspect they believe may ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Rentention Position........Question.

Coming from an LEO perspective, it's not a retention position. It's a semi "covert" position some officers use when approaching a suspect they believe may be armed and for some reason don't want to openly challenge him from hard cover. The officer can approach "business as usual" on a traffic stop, etc. and already be "up". Not a big fan of it myself but it does fill a need in circumstances and I have used it. If you think you really need that advantage because you are expecting lethal resistance, it's not going to really offset the advantage of a subject who is already planning an ambush. I think it is more mental than anything.
    www.isrmatrix.org

Hick's Law + Murphy's Law = Streamlined Problem Solving

2. Remove Ads

That's a very insteresting perspective.............so you would rather have the gun holstered then in you hand at the ready....?
    Over the years, have seen this method employed by many LEO's...........seemed to work well at the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links