Close Contact Distance Shooting - Page 2

Close Contact Distance Shooting

This is a discussion on Close Contact Distance Shooting within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bill MO I have to question going for the gun if you are that close to the BG without making room first. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Close Contact Distance Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    I have to question going for the gun if you are that close to the BG without making room first. Yes you may be fast but BG that close can foul the draw and you are fixated on getting the gun out. Just because you have a gun does not mean the gun is the answer everytime.

Looks cool but, to me, looks like gaming and gaming can get you killed in a gunfight. My 2 cents
    Something along the lines of Fighting with the pistol, rather than target shooting. Good point Bill
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Time and TIMING are two different things. A fast draw and first shot on a paper target is not the same as doing it with a real person trying to grab and hit or stab you....

When you are in close contact with the BG you are probably going to get your draw fouled unless you can hit him hard enough to either back him up or REALLY ring his bell. I wouldn't count on that when you are the victim of the ambush.

Moving to better position FIRST (where they can't foul your draw) and then drawing is going to get better results. Paper targets never foul your draw or disarm you. Do it with SIMS guns or airsoft against a live resisting opponent with the BG initiating the action and see how much more difficult it is to just draw, shoot and backup without getting knocked down or getting your draw fouled.

This might be of interest....AAR - 0-5 Feet Gunfighting in Columbia, SC with Randy Harris
    Randy Harris
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Master Class IDPA SSP

TRAIN with me....http://www.suarezinternationalstore....px?find=harris

This does look like the ONLY way to train for fighting at close contact. Randy is a great instructor, and we've got this class going in Ky.

0-5ft Gunfighting in Louisville KY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links