Working the Trigger...One Man's Take

This is a discussion on Working the Trigger...One Man's Take within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My take on efficiently working the trigger. Let me know what you think....

Thread: Working the Trigger...One Man's Take

August 19, 1970 - June 2012

My take on efficiently working the trigger. Let me know what you think.

Good video...Good post...Totally agree...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I also agree. I believe that some instructors teach a far too mechanical, "point for point" type of defensive shooting. I teach what I believe is a more fluid type of approach, which I think Mr. Gomez would agree with. For example. I had a student who had attended one of the larger schools that teaches a "seven point" draw sequence. Conceptually that's fine, except when I had the student on the range, he was literally counting off each step in trying to engage his weapon. At this point even a very slow BG would have won that engagement.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Thanks for the video.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Good video Paul. I like the part about freeing up your mind. It would seem to make the OODA loop a little less cluttered....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Good Post, Paul.............IMO trigger control is the foundation of the accurately placed shot....and what your demonstrating is imperative in learning to control the re-set before the press......nice.

Links