Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll

This is a discussion on Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No rapid fire at my range but I see people doing it all the time. If you wait until the SO is on the other ...

View Poll Results: Does your range have a rapid fire rule for semis and revolvers?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my range restricts rate of fire to no more than one round per second.

51 42.15%
  • No, not at my range.

70 57.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll

No rapid fire at my range but I see people doing it all the time. If you wait until the SO is on the other end of the range you can get away with practicing double taps, especially if the range is full.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    The way I see it, you're either there to shoot or you're not. That same genius is just as likely to ND a round in your direction, whether he's doing rapid fire or not. Telling him to ND slowly isn't going to correct his issues. I've walked away from my $10 range fee many times, once one of those toolbags walk in. The correct solution is to have an RSO on duty, with their head on a swivel.
    And since most indoor ranges are attached to a sporting-goods store, the noise of three or four people emptying magazines as fast as they possible can be disruptive to business; that is a lot of noise.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I just can't imagine spending money on an indoor range or any range where you can't do squat. I understand that is all some folks have. Our local range is 30 buck a year! Nothing fancy but rifle to 150 and various distances for handgun. If you are the only one there or talk to the other shooters you can do whatever drills ya want. I really fee fo those that can't train properly for SD and only can shoot holes in a target. For those I suggest airsoft and get out with some friends and do real drills while having fun!

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    I'm lucky - both of the indoor ranges where I frequent to polish-up on fundamentals allow rapid fire, as well as holster work.

That said, I only use my solo indoor range sessions to polish up on the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship. I pay to take training classes so that I can move and shoot. Come this fall or early next year, I will also start competing in various forms of pistol-games, to further help with movement/"gunning."
    accessbob and nerdyvirgin like this.

Safe private range...fire away!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Mine does but seems it's not enforced.

Our club says FIVE seconds between shots. (See rule #16 at http://www.vdsc.org/SafetyRules.pdf )
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Out of the 3 ranges I go to, only one (a public outdoor range) allows rapid fire. But if anyone wonders why I don't go to the public outdoor range that often, the outdoor range only allows chair sitting and prone fire for long guns and chair sitting and standing for handguns.

mkh
    I shoot at my local FOP range and there is no problem with rapid fire.

Only rapid fire rule at our range is no full auto weapons. Rapid fire is fine otherwise. This is a club range that has no range officers and we pretty much police ourselves.

Michael

VIP Member
    The only restriction we have is no full auto, even if the weapon and owner have the right credentials.

This is an infringement on their 2nd amendment rights how dare you not allow Fred and his MAC-10 shoot on your range.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    The only restriction we have is no full auto, even if the weapon and owner have the right credentials.

This is an infringement on their 2nd amendment rights how dare you not allow Fred and his MAC-10 shoot on your range.
    How do you figure? The founding founders had musket loaders! Anyway, I don't make the rules

VIP Member
    LOL I figured you would be all over this and make them change the rules. This is just another restriction trying to keep a brother down.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

My range's rules are sort of in the middle. Their rule is "as fast as you can put it on the paper."
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    The range I use has a rule but no range officer or enforcement.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links