Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll

This is a discussion on Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was surprised and disappointed to see a rule, NO RAPID FIRE ALLOWED, 1 round per second ($10 fine!)...

View Poll Results: Does your range have a rapid fire rule for semis and revolvers?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my range restricts rate of fire to no more than one round per second.

51 42.15%
  • No, not at my range.

70 57.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll

Distinguished Member

Your Gun Range Reset Rule Poll

I was surprised and disappointed to see a rule,
    NO RAPID FIRE ALLOWED, 1 round per second ($10 fine!)
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

2. Remove Ads

Luckily, I am a member of "Bubba's Point n Shoot", which is a fictious name for a locally owned membership range, which is policed by the members that happen to be there on a given day to shoot. It has a 150 yard berm, covered shooting area with 12 benches. You perform your own safety when others are at the range. You police your own trash. Shoot at any speed you desire, make any movements you desire (safety of paramount concern if more than a couple folks at the range), practice your own drills (same comment), etc etc. I reckon there are plus factors to bein a "redneck"...LOL
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    The public range I go to actually limits you to 1 shot every 2 seconds.
    Thankfully my Pastor has a small home made range behind his house, where I can practice doubletaps, drawing and firing, and moving "off the X" and firing.
    You know...basically the things you need to be practicing, rather than standing and taking slow careful aim.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Luckily, I am a member of "Bubba's Point n Shoot", which is a fictious name for a locally owned membership range, which is policed by the members that happen to be there on a given day to shoot. It has a 150 yard berm, covered shooting area with 12 benches. You perform your own safety when others are at the range. You police your own trash. Shoot at any speed you desire, make any movements you desire (safety of paramount concern if more than a couple folks at the range), practice your own drills (same comment), etc etc. I reckon there are plus factors to bein a "redneck"...LOL
    Sounds exactly like our range. I seldom go to it except for trap and competitions. But Pretty much the members square each other away. The only problems we have are folks that come up from MA or Conn, or NY for the weekends and pay for a membership. They get that revoked real quick. The only restriction we have is no full auto, even if the weapon and owner have the right credentials. I still shoot on my land where there are NO restrictions

I either shoot on my own property, or on the state ranges. The state ranges have rules limiting shooting speed and how many rounds you load in a magazine, but everyone ignores those. I've only ever peen there with other people once, and they were on their way out.

On my property, I do what I want.

VIP Member
    My club is private, members only, most if not all of the public ranges around here are 1 or 2 seconds between shots. Thats why I belong to the club. Not that I want to waste ammo. I shoot in the rapid fire sequences in many matches.
    RugerMike likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    All the indoor ranges I've been to are like that- at least 1 second between rounds. The 'local' (30-45 minute drive) outdoor 'rifle' range has no limits other than police your own trash, supply your own targets/stands, and don't be stupid.

My second trip down there there was this rather cute 'young' lady there with her father... and his Thompson. And suppressed rifles. And his other full auto weapons. ...and his Barrett......
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Time limits on how fast you can shoot? I suppose the objective is to eliminate the honing of any skill that may be remotely applicable to an actual self defense situation?

Time to find another range.
    surefire7 and atctimmy like this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Time limits on how fast you can shoot? I suppose the objective is to eliminate the honing of any skill that may be remotely applicable to an actual self defense situation?

Time to find another range.
    I can understand it somewhat in an indoor range- noise, safety, etc... Most of the places I've been are rather 'lenient' when it comes to double taps. As long as it's not mag-dumps. Double taps are fine, sometimes you can even pull off a triple tap.

But, do you really want to be on an indoor range with some 'genius' who hasn't handled a weapon in 2-3 years and decides to start emptying a 33rnd mag as fast as he can pull the trigger? I don't like the idea too much, personally.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Unfortunately the indoor range near me has this rule. I don't like it because I can't train like I should be. It's weird, they have this rule but you can rent full autos there. Because of this I only go there in the winter or on cold rainy days. Otherwise I go and shoot out in the National Forest where I can shoot as fast as I want and draw from a holster and move while shooting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    But, do you really want to be on an indoor range with some 'genius' who hasn't handled a weapon in 2-3 years and decides to start emptying a 33rnd mag as fast as he can pull the trigger? I don't like the idea too much, personally.
    The way I see it, you're either there to shoot or you're not. That same genius is just as likely to ND a round in your direction, whether he's doing rapid fire or not. Telling him to ND slowly isn't going to correct his issues. I've walked away from my $10 range fee many times, once one of those toolbags walk in. The correct solution is to have an RSO on duty, with their head on a swivel.

we shoot at an indoor range and they restrict you to double taps. it keeps guys like this out

Distinguished Member
    I was pondering why they had that rule and one reason came to mind. If a squib occurs when you are firing, it isn't good and it could be very dangerous if you are popping them off so quickly that you wouldn't notice. And then it could be a problem if that happened and nobody was around to call an ambulance, etc. But that is just one possible reason, albeit not a great one. I would like to rapid fire and train like I should but I currently can't until my outdoor shooting area gets opened up (currently closed for Forest Service work).
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Just give them a 20..LOL

I saw it at my range.....my wife will be the one with the problem...once she starts she goes to empty!!
    Please...work HARDER as MILLIONS on welfare depending on YOU !!

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    All the indoor ranges I've been to are like that- at least 1 second between rounds. The 'local' (30-45 minute drive) outdoor 'rifle' range has no limits other than police your own trash, supply your own targets/stands, and don't be stupid.

My second trip down there there was this rather cute 'young' lady there with her father... and his Thompson. And suppressed rifles. And his other full auto weapons. ...and his Barrett......
    Dang...should have married her, good looks and a Daddy with toys...what more could you want?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links