How many members here can accomplish this drill?

This is a discussion on How many members here can accomplish this drill? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is in response to another thread and also just to satisfy my curiosity. There is no right or wrong answer just give an honest ...

View Poll Results: From CC can you draw, fire and effectiely hit the target in 2 seconds?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

166 64.84%
  • No

18 7.03%
  • Never tried before

67 26.17%
  • Don't need to

5 1.95%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: How many members here can accomplish this drill?

VIP Member

This is in response to another thread and also just to satisfy my curiosity.

There is no right or wrong answer just give an honest response.

This would be from a conventional CC holster IWB, OWB, AIWB and so on. This would not be from a deep cover type holster but if you can do it from that type holster let us know.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    done

or is there more??

2 seconds is a benchmark for where compentancy begins;
    that point where the gun is more of a danger to the BG than to yourself.

keep working to dbl taps on 3 tarbets and tha to 1 target in under 1.5 seconds. than work it to dble taps and multiple targets (3)

might take 3000 rounds or more and 6 months or more, but once you can do it, it will stay with you forever.
    like riding the bike. perhaps when your 65 you may be a tad slower but im gonna bet you will live just fine on the difference
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Hand drill? Power drill? Cordless?

I think there is something missing from your post, tacman... Or from my perceptive powers this afternoon.
    ron8903 likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    This is in response to another thread and also just to satisfy my curiosity.

There is no right or wrong answer just give an honest response.
    What Drill? Details please...
    "I'm not IN danger Skyler, I AM the danger!"

JD
    Administrator
    Chinese Fire Drill?

VIP Member
    Ok I think the poll went up now my internet coughed in the middle and had to start over.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

PB2
    The drill he asks about in the Poll at the top of the page:

Poll: From CC can you draw, fire and effectiely hit the target in 2 seconds?

How many shots do I have?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I can while practicing, can't say I'd be able to if I'm caught off guard... in fact I'm almost 60% sure I wouldn't be able to, just too much to think about - like 'is this for real', 'do I draw', 'holy smokes, a gun is pointed at me'.

yup, depending on my mode of concealment.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Yup. I can own it out to about 30' on a reactive draw from IWB with a cover shirt.

When walking or standing I believe that in moist cases I could easily do it at the range. That is with no one shooting back or trying to kill me. The one time that does concern me is when driving a car. I cannot easily retrieve my weapon when sitting and add a seat belt to that an I am toast.

Michael
    John123 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I can while practicing, can't say I'd be able to if I'm caught off guard... in fact I'm almost 60% sure I wouldn't be able to, just too much to think about - like 'is this for real', 'do I draw', 'holy smokes, a gun is pointed at me'.
    train till you can see-do
    dog is lying on the floor and you toss food in its direction: dog sees food and intercepts same <---as fast as it saw it, it acted===see-do
    not...see, think than do. that way the food hits the floor and the dog goes hungry

practice till you see the threat; think gun and your next concious thought is 'pull trigger or not' cause all the actions of aquiring and pointing the gun were done without thought--
    they were automatic motions.....muscle memory activated....you thought 'gun' and it is in your hand. otherwise you go hungry, assuming you live to go home
    Justified likes this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I made my response with the assumption that I had already processed that it was time to fight.

Normally, wearing my OWB and a cover shirt, no problem. If I'm wearing something like a Belly Band, probably not. Those are the rare times that the objective is not to be Quick Draw McGraw, but to have a gun close at hand so you don't have to say "Time out. I need to go back out to the car and get my gun."
    Bark'n and Reaperman357 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links