The right and wrong way to shoot someone?

This is a discussion on The right and wrong way to shoot someone? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I first saw the title to this I was kind of confused but it is a pretty good video. Wrong and Right Way to ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By tacman605
  • 5 Post By lordofwyr
  • 2 Post By claude clay

Thread: The right and wrong way to shoot someone?

VIP Member

The right and wrong way to shoot someone?

When I first saw the title to this I was kind of confused but it is a pretty good video.

Wrong and Right Way to Shoot Someone (Best Defense) - YouTube
    barstoolguru likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Good Video...thanks for posting.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Other than the political correctness in the choice of actors (how often do smaller white females use knives to mug larger males?), good video.

Good video. Thanks for posting. Sound advice.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I have had my police backside strummed by small, white, meth-head females taking them into custody, and have seen partners had the same happen to them. One friend got a beer bottle over the head and multiple stitches from a lovely lil lass.

They are completely crazed on the drug, seem to have super strength from lack of pain receptor input to the brain, and want what they want NOW and will not listen.

Sort of like trying to latch onto the Tasmanian Devil from the old cartoons. Never underestimate the ability of a person to hurt or kill you from size and color alone.
    lyz_grace, mano3, Hopyard and 2 others like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

That was a good episode. Proper Mindset is as important as skillset.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    nothing new there ( for me, YMMV) but it is packaged well

a mistake he makes is, when exiting from one area that is known to another ( the parking garage) which is unknown
    it is a good plan to open the door fully and move through it slowly, not letting it close behind you until you have
    scanned the area you are transitioning into. thus if there are a bunch of unsaverory's or something out of place--
    you can retreat bact to the safe area you were coming from.
    than form a plan from a secure place.

this way no one is robbed, stabed or shot; and a fight avoided is a fight won
    JDE101 and Hopyard like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

these guys make some of the best videos on you tube... very clear and easy to understand

this is one of the followup videos on home defense

Rob Pincus is one of the best trainers in the country.He has a whole series of training videos,and they are very good.If your interested, the site for info is,Personal Defense How-To Videos, Articles | PDN Based in Virginia Beach,I.C.E.firearms training.He also travels around the country to teach classes. I.C.E. firearms training for that schedule.

VIP Member
    Yessssssssssssssssssss more entertainment thanks for the link.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

As for barstoolguru's video… I appreciate what they're doing and I'm very happy to see this kind of stuff on television. What I'm not sure if I like or not is the very beginner's approach they take. I appreciate that and think it's a great idea as most trained in this aren't going to look to a television show for advice. The downside is that new people watching this will take it as gospel. "Oh, I see. I'd never use a long gun as it'll get taken away", etc.

But hey, as long as Mr. Gun lives in Mr. Safeplace and the homeowner can now use it to find a wandering chick, I'm happy!
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Other than the political correctness in the choice of actors (how often do smaller white females use knives to mug larger males?), good video.
    You might be surprised how often women use stabbing in a attack. Knives, ice picks, screwdrivers....it seems to be a favorite often times. It makes for fatal attacks. A ice pick in the heart is all it takes. Seen it.

Injuries can be plotted by gender. Women stab down. Men stab in and up. Usually.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Another point about that second video. It was almost refreshing to see a woman as the aggressor. Society has an image burned into their minds of what this type of person would look like, and we all know it's not a white female. Mindset is key when it comes to anything and part of that mindset is not assuming what the bad guy (or girl) may look like.

Throw a little meth into the picture and anyone can become a psychotic murderer.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    Rob Pincus is one of the best trainers in the country.He has a whole series of training videos,and they are very good.If your interested, the site for info is,Personal Defense How-To Videos, Articles | PDN Based in Virginia Beach,I.C.E.firearms training.He also travels around the country to teach classes. I.C.E. firearms training for that schedule.
    Well, I wouldn't say one of the best in the country in such a general way. I agree he has a good thing going for people that are relatively new or untrained in carry and home defense. I think trainers like him are doing a good thing. If I was new and wanted to learn how to defend myself in the average bad situation or was recommending to a family member new to self defense, he'd probably be my choice.

If I wanted to learn how to fight hard with a weapon, there's a good number I'd go to first. This is not putting him down in any way, but he's just one category of trainer.

Sometimes I wonder if it's harder to train a new person or one that's already pretty far advanced!

Links