Self defense/shooting programs in Central Ohio

This is a discussion on Self defense/shooting programs in Central Ohio within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey All, Does anyone who lives in the Central Ohio area (Columbus area) know any reputable programs or classes for self defense/Close quarter Combat? I ...

Hey All,

Does anyone who lives in the Central Ohio area (Columbus area) know any reputable programs or classes for self defense/Close quarter Combat? I have two daughters (15 & 17) that I am considering this for as well as myself. I have tried the internet and looked at some, just thought I would see if anyone had any "must take" or "stay away from" classes or companies?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by BillK; May 8th, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Black Wing, IIRC, offers courses with Rob Pincus.

MilCopp is also out of the central-Ohio area.

If you're willing to travel to the southern end of the state, TDI's courses are highly recommended - I've yet to take any classes there (travel is prohibitive, for me, at the moment), but I have yet to hear anything negative about any of their curriculum.

If you're up to going a bit north, you can book Chris Cerino (Wadsworth) as well as Bob Vogel (Lima) for private lessons.

Best of luck!

See the link below:

Western Ohio Personal Safety/Firearm Training Group

I took the two advanced concealed carryclasses from these people a couple of years ago, and they were very good. The "group" is basically out of Springfield but the two advanced concealed carry classes were taught at an outdoor range up Hwy 235 near Indian Lake, so it is a bit of a drive from Columbus. However, the price was right, there was one instructor for about every two students, we got a LOT of shooting in each day, and I learned a lot. Well worth the cost and time. Check out their website. It lists all their instrustors and their backgrounds.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Links