Shooting the Bad Guy Off Your Gun & Other Stuff

This is a discussion on Shooting the Bad Guy Off Your Gun & Other Stuff within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's the latest vid, guys. Hope you enjoy it!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Shooting the Bad Guy Off Your Gun & Other Stuff

August 19, 1970 - June 2012

Here's the latest vid, guys. Hope you enjoy it!
    TSiWRX, QKShooter, Luis50 and 2 others like this.

Awesome stuff, thanks.

Really informative and useful, Paul. Thank you.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Good info...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

usefull info

These short, to the point, instruction videos are great stuff Paul.

Another great one!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Bark'n has made a great point about your vid's, Paul.

The short, succinct (sp?) lessons such as the one above can be viewed, the highlights jotted down on a pocket notepad, (or some sort of I - device) and taken to the range for practice. Each little lesson has one primary point to be practiced, making it easy not be overwhelmed with lotsa multiple stuff drills.
    For example, I can start at your basic gun handling vid, practice the lesson given to a degree of competency, then move onto another lesson. Drawstroke, movement, firing under the circumstances as demo'd above. I really like your ability to convey these points in bite-sized vids, without overwhelming amounts of peripheral 'stuff'.

dan
    SpongeBob TacticalPants
    Bark'n likes this.

Really appreciate the free and extremely useful instruction. Thank you for your time and effort....
    Bark'n likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    As always, thank you for the time and effort you put into these videos. I have learned quite a bit from your segments, and continue to.

VIP Member
    Harryball and I were just talking about this. I have won many a bet by holding the slide forward with my thumb and firing a round.

But my God Paul you shot from retention and moved backwards while firing, what on earth makes you think that skill would ever be needed? Great video.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Very interesting stuff thanks.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Harryball and I were just talking about this. I have won many a bet by holding the slide forward with my thumb and firing a round.

But my God Paul you shot from retention and moved backwards while firing, what on earth makes you think that skill would ever be needed? Great video.
    Great Vid Paul....

We were just talking about that. I was thinking the same thing about him moving backward. Why would that be needed.....LOL.
    Last edited by Harryball; May 11th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Good stuff, thanks. Don't overlook the guard position of the left hand. Its got nothing to do with
    the gun but can keep you from getting your head knocked off. It also leaves the option of following
    a single shot to the belly with a hammer fist, head grab, and knee, just to make sure you made your point.

As for the backing up while firing, makes sense to me. Distance is a friend. When I'm working on my MA
    skills, one drill I like is striking while moving backward several steps; a blow per step. You can then either move
    forward into your opponent or gain a sec to pull a weapon.

I'm puzzled about the question folks are asking about when that would be needed. What if you get one round off and the BG
    is still on his feet trying to snatch the gun with his left hand? Moving back lets you avoid that grab attempt, and gives you an option to kick the turkey off too. You can't get a good push kick in or a good stomp kick in starting from that
    close in.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Good video! Thanks for taking the time to post.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Good stuff! Thank you, Paul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links