MI DNR to hold basic class for women

This is a discussion on MI DNR to hold basic class for women within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now here is a good use of tax dollars at work! Mich. DNR Offers Handgun Class for Women Next Week...

Thread: MI DNR to hold basic class for women

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

MI DNR to hold basic class for women

Now here is a good use of tax dollars at work!

Mich. DNR Offers Handgun Class for Women Next Week
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

2. Remove Ads

Someone is getting paid. $35.00 a head for the NRAs basic pistol class. If it were truly our tax dollars at work, the class would be free for all....JMO
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Someone is getting paid. $35.00 a head for the NRAs basic pistol class. If it were truly our tax dollars at work, the class would be free for all....JMO
    I don't doubt that someone is gonna' make some money from this class, however, given the fact that this is sanctioned, sponsored (?), and held by the DNR, tells me that some state tax dollars are supporting/financing this event. Also, it did say that the $35 covers use of a firearm and ammo, plus it's a 3 hr class...sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Not sure if it's a NRA certified class, as it does not mention that in the article. Which is probably why (as stated in the article) someone who takes this class cannot use it towards obtaining their CPL. If this wasn't so far from where I live, I'd have my wife attend.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I don't doubt that someone is gonna' make some money from this class, however, given the fact that this is sanctioned, sponsored (?), and held by the DNR, tells me that some state tax dollars are supporting/financing this event. Also, it did say that the $35 covers use of a firearm and ammo, plus it's a 3 hr class...sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Not sure if it's a NRA certified class, as it does not mention that in the article. Which is probably why (as stated in the article) someone who takes this class cannot use it towards obtaining their CPL. If this wasn't so far from where I live, I'd have my wife attend.
    It said that Certified instructors will be supervising. When you become a certified instructor, one of the certs is for basic pistol, which is not the CPL class, but can still be taught. 35.00 is about the right price for the basic pistol class...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links